Generalleutnant Beukemann Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonC View Post
    I would guess that only 10-15% of eagles are original to their tunics or caps. Almost any tunic or cap that you would get out of Germany has probably got a replaced eagle - after all, that was the law, and who in 1945 or '46 would have even though twice. That doesn't bother me. Selling restored items as 100% untouched does, however. I hope that whoever humped up the Beukemann tunic is caught out.

Don
    I agree and the only original tunic items I know are real are US GI bring backs and a handful of walking out tunics and dress tunics that were not denazified. The point here beyond that is that a very high end fake was sold as real and the dealer will not tell us who it was purchased from. That suggests to me that In my personal opinion it may be more than a casual mistake.

Comment

Not necessarily true I lived in Germany and knew people who served in the Heer and was invited to their homes. On three occaisions I was given tunics that were completely intact pulled out of being packed away while I was there. Only on one occaision did I receive a set of badges that were de-nazified. One time I was offered a complete Gendarmerie police uniform intact from the man who wore it, but at the time was not interested.I agree that a percentage were de-nazified but I doubt alot of them were as the surving uniforms were packed away and not dragged out often if at all.
      One elderly gentleman a former artillery officer had his entire barracks locker in his storage area with all his uniforms and field gear from parade to field.
      So based on my experience in the small town of Butzbach,1 out of 4 times I received de nazified items.

It maybe that alot of GI bringbacks were denizified in the 50s for the patches popular with bikers or because kids played with them or by the families of deceased Wehrmacht members .
      Last edited by John Pic; 08-07-2009, 11:01 AM.

Comment

I mean walkling out tunics and dres tunics from German sources vets and familys. I lived there too, sorry if that was not clear. Most/all the tunics POWs had were stripped. My Dad remembers most the POWs if not all had eagles removed after they were on work details etc. The removed soon after the were captured for the most part.

Here is a image of piping on a Nebel dress tunic from ROTR for comments on both wool and the sewing compared to a known original in INF. Is this the post war wool used on fake shoulder boards? I am sure Kent would agree it pays to be careful and ROTR will always take returns. I can post more images of the tunic as well on a seperate thread, maybe someone saw it before. I just would like to make sure with so many bad people out there. It is great that Kent and ROTR are so concerned about safety in the hobby and will accept items back. Just fantastic behavior, so nice to know they are not lying scum bag pigs that would sell fakes intentionally.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Johnny R; 08-07-2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
          Not necessarily true I lived in Germany and knew people who served in the Heer and was invited to their homes. On three occaisions I was given tunics that were completely intact pulled out of being packed away while I was there. Only on one occaision did I receive a set of badges that were de-nazified. One time I was offered a complete Gendarmerie police uniform intact from the man who wore it, but at the time was not interested.I agree that a percentage were de-nazified but I doubt alot of them were as the surving uniforms were packed away and not dragged out often if at all.
          One elderly gentleman a former artillery officer had his entire barracks locker in his storage area with all his uniforms and field gear from parade to field.
          So based on my experience in the small town of Butzbach,1 out of 4 times I received de nazified items.

It maybe that alot of GI bringbacks were denizified in the 50s for the patches popular with bikers or because kids played with them or by the families of deceased Wehrmacht members .
          John (Pic) - Agreed - I was referring to any that had passed through others' hands before they got to "us" - the consumers. There are many, many more in that category than those still packed away in storage by families.

Don

Comment

That piping on the Nebel troops uniform looks scary.Its possible that it was done wartime but why..why wouldnt the soldier just go buy a nice tailor made tunic with correct piping?

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
              That piping on the Nebel troops uniform looks scary.Its possible that it was done wartime but why..why wouldnt the soldier just go buy a nice tailor made tunic with correct piping?
              It is a piped service tunic I bought from Kent Berg. I will post detailed pictures on a seperate thread. With his dedication to honesty in selling oriignal collectables demonstrated here I am sure he will take a return if there is a problem.

Here is another area of sewing that is unusually crude IMO.
              Attached Files

Comment

More examples. I just would like to make sure it is okay.
                Attached Files

Comment

Johnny,

Are you going to start another thread on the Nebel tunic....or do we take over this thread?

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                    Johnny,

Are you going to start another thread on the Nebel tunic....or do we take over this thread?

Richard
                    I will start a thread Richard, I have been busy here on Earth today doing things involving reality and have not spent much time on the website.

Comment

Johnny,

After I went back and reread my post, it sounded rather snotty. Sorry...I didn't mean to come off that way, I just didn't want your questions being lost in another topic and vice versa. I actually wanted to comment, but didn't want to here if you were going to start another thread.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                        Johnny,

After I went back and reread my post, it sounded rather snotty. Sorry...I didn't mean to come off that way, I just didn't want your questions being lost in another topic and vice versa. I actually wanted to comment, but didn't want to here if you were going to start another thread.

Richard
                        That is all right, I get mad when people do that too. I posted on this one to attract attention to the new post because they are interelated. No worries

Comment

..and so the $1m dollar question is: who bought the tunic and restored it?

Was this ever confirmed, or were many prepared to let sleeping dogs lay?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Kenwright View Post
                            ..and so the $1m dollar question is: who bought the tunic and restored it?

Was this ever confirmed, or were many prepared to let sleeping dogs lay?
                            In 20 years of working in jungles and tropical swamps etc. the only time I was ever bitten by a snake was when I stepped directly on one. IMPO if you read the threads and do the math it is easy to see what happened and who the snakes were here, I just do not want to step on them again. Most people know who the turds in the collecting arena are.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X