Generalleutnant Beukemann Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this isn't new..

What people want, people will get.., hence the many, many SS-tunics and other rare stuff.., cufftitles, anything..
    When restored by a proper tailor with original thread etc. noone will ever notice.. then add a lifetime guarantee and people are happy like a child.
    Luckily now and then one is caught with the pants down, but even then.
    Now see how to get that money back.

Jos.

Comment

Hopefully the buyer (Pep's friend) can get his money back on this one. There is some shadey $hit going on with this one.

Comment

We got this uniform in early December 2008 at a show in Berlin from another German dealer. After looking it over carefully, it look fine, no signs of being messed with that I can remember. But, it seems were wrong here. So, based on this, we will take care of our buyer on this uniform. Its sad that this stuff is getting so good that even we dealers now are faced with questioning everything before selling it. We stand behind all our items at Relics of the Reich, and take care of our customers. Mistakes can be made by anyone, and we will sort this out!

Comment

Who was the German dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by bergfurher View Post
            We got this uniform in early December 2008 at a show in Berlin from another German dealer.
            What show was that?

Comment

Originally posted by bergfurher View Post
              We got this uniform in early December 2008 at a show in Berlin from another German dealer. After looking it over carefully, it look fine, no signs of being messed with that I can remember. But, it seems were wrong here. So, based on this, we will take care of our buyer on this uniform. Its sad that this stuff is getting so good that even we dealers now are faced with questioning everything before selling it. We stand behind all our items at Relics of the Reich, and take care of our customers. Mistakes can be made by anyone, and we will sort this out!

Wow

I agree that many are mastering the skills of re-sewing insignia. I thought the tunic looked spectacular. I just wanted to congratulate you and your bussiness partner in taking care of your ccustomer after so long time. This should serve as an example for all of us.

Juan

Comment

Good move by Relics of the Reich ..

Concerning rebuilding tunics, I think it'll cost less than 100 euro to put back on the parts have it done by a skilled person called tailor.
                The profits are enormous this way and like we've noticed not many will notice the difference .., especially with the tunics where eagles were handsewn not going through the liner etc.
                The hype we live in with high prices are waking up the death and they start to work for us, just like we want..
                Utopia is just around the corner, just show your list.
                We've seen this before, stripped jackets coming back to life with a bs story .
                Problem was that the whole process was followed .. the power of internet makes it a small world and adding up all cases only makes you cry all day.
                I think it'll only get worse, money is too much involved .

Jos.
                Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 08-02-2009, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Making things right in this case does not necessarily mean a full refund, although it sounds like RotR is prepared for anything. Perhaps just a price adjustment being the difference between a restored piece vs an all original, if the buyer wants to keep it. He may have become very attached, after all no one is disputing that it was this general's uniform if I remember correctly. Without the photographic evidence, who could have known?

Either way...very big of Relics of the Reich to back it up. I know of a number of the big name dealers refusing to take back expensive items lately after a number of months have passed when the item was discovered to be messed with.

Richard

Comment

We didnt try an offer of a partial refund, just a full refund, we thought that was best. He is returning it now. Many will not accept restored tunics these days. We may offer it as restored at a lower price on our site. We have not decided yet, it is the Generals tunic, thats for sure, and we now know its been professionally restored, the insignia looks fine, well see.

Comment

Could you help the WA members out by telling us who the dealer is please so the community knows to be wary of them.

Comment

The dealer is Relics of the Reich. I don't know that I would advise others to "be wary" of them, though. Everyone makes mistakes / has things get past them but they seem to be handling the situation in a great manner.

I would like to know who is the European dealer from whom they bought the uniform, though!

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Wright View Post
                          The dealer is Relics of the Reich. I don't know that I would advise others to "be wary" of them, though. Everyone makes mistakes / has things get past them but they seem to be handling the situation in a great manner.

I would like to know who is the European dealer from whom they bought the uniform, though!

Regards,

Drew
                          I am talking about knowing who is the German dealer. Since Kent did so graciously offer a return on the item surely he will tell us who the dealer that sold him the tunic is.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                            I am talking about knowing who is the German dealer. Since Kent did so graciously offer a return on the item surely he will tell us who the dealer that sold him the tunic is.

Ah! Got it and totally agree.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Bergfuhrer (Relics of the Reich),

You did the right thing. If the buyer had wanted to keep it, I'm sure he would have brought it up.

Very few dealers would do what you are doing and I think you are to be commended publicly. There was no way to avoid this situation without prior knowledge, which you did not possess. Thanks!

Richard

Comment

I still would like to know the trail of the tunic from stripped to what it is today.

I think we should have a pinned thread for stripped tunics on the WH uniforms area to protect members and honest dealers like Kent from horrble frauds like this in the future.

I am sure Kent would agree there is a special place in Hell for Absolute pure piece of crap low life scums that make a living stealing from collectors and misrepresenting tunics as original etc. and would agree a stripped tunics thread is a great idea.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X