Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generalleutnant Beukemann Tunic

Gentlemen...
    While browsing my way around the internet I found this tunic at relicsofthereich page. If this one belonged to Beukemann it is a true treausre. What do you think about it?
    http://www.relicsofthereich.com/shop...h=2039&phqu=10

Generals Tunic

I'd like to see what some of the more knowledgable guys have to say about this one myself. I've looked at it several times and want to like it because I've been looking for a nice named generals tunic for a long time, but I don't know. The tabs and boards look 100%, but they are all cellulon which one would expect to see on a later tunic. Two things I don't like and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. The first thing may just be the pictures, but the quality of the material is not what I would want to see on a generals rank tunic. The second thing is the tailors tag, it may be correct but looks awfully modern to me. Alex

Comment

I do not see any problems with it in the photos. Not all General officer clothing is made of high quality materials and the tag does not look modern to me, it has come loose, both tags are typical for the period. One of the nicest (IMO) General officer tunics I have ever seen was a converted EM M36 worn in the field. The other Generals tunic is very nice as well, too bad the name was cut out. Did you ask how much it is? Bring a big bag o' money. I doubt that will be cheap.

Comment

The tunic (both of the General's tunics on the site actually) is made from Loden cloth, in essence doeskin..but with a slightly longer nap. I see it on maybe 5% of the private officers tunics that I have examined. In terms of quality it does not get much higher.

It is a 6 button tunic dated 1942 so I would call it pretty much mid war. Cello was certainly used in insignia by 1939 and even earlier....not so much and not much if any for 100% of the insignia but by 1942 it's use was very common. Both labels seem more worn than the tunic too me. I don't see their condition as a red flag either way, but I'm sure why someone would think that they look new?

Most often General's tunics are found in a lighter weight very smooth finished gaberdine or some other worsted wool material, but plenty of General's tunics can also be found in various grades of lodens and even basic uniform cloth...prpbably safe to say that most every General has at least one tunic in the heavier cloth.

Comment

nevermind, sorry
          Last edited by Chris D.; 12-16-2008, 01:50 AM.

Comment

I think it is a beautiful tunic as well. What makes me a little bit nervous is the cellulon insignia.
            I remember a discussion on the WAF about nametags and the thread used to attach nametags. I think it was when Winkler had the Oberstleutnant Pausinger tunic for sale that disussion were raised.

Comment

Originally posted by LordWinter View Post
              nevermind, sorry
              Okay

Comment

Originally posted by JG 51 View Post
                I think it is a beautiful tunic as well. What makes me a little bit nervous is the cellulon insignia.
                I remember a discussion on the WAF about nametags and the thread used to attach nametags. I think it was when Winkler had the Oberstleutnant Pausinger tunic for sale that disussion were raised.
                Although I've owned a few General's tunics and have examined many many more I am far from claiming to to be an expert on them or General's insignia.

I always thought that Cello was not as much or as well faked as bullion....but maybe this is because I can not spot fake cello as it is too good?

In my opinion authenicating a General's tunic is a lot like authenicating a W-SS tunic in that you have to detect if the insignia on the tunic is real, of consistant wear and the ONLY insignia (and buttons in the case of a Generals) that has been on the tunic....it's that simple although not always easy.

The problem can come in when you are looking at a real and legit upgrade tunic from Oberst to General.....I would estimate that maybe 25% of all REAL Generals tunics were in fact upgrades as they did not waste good uniforms!!

You will also find upgraded overcoats (Red lapels added) and breeches/trousers that were period upgraded.

Comment

tunic

Originally posted by phild View Post
                  The problem can come in when you are looking at a real and legit upgrade tunic from Oberst to General.....I would estimate that maybe 25% of all REAL Generals tunics were in fact upgrades as they did not waste good uniforms!!
                  Exactly, those things can make you pull your hair out. Alex

Comment

I like what I see in the pics.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                      In my opinion authenicating a General's tunic is a lot like authenicating a W-SS tunic in that you have to detect if the insignia on the tunic is real, of consistant wear and the ONLY insignia (and buttons in the case of a Generals) that has been on the tunic....it's that simple although not always easy.

You will also find upgraded overcoats (Red lapels added) and breeches/trousers that were period upgraded.
                      Very true and it is a lot of money to gamble with.

Comment

Hi

I am not an expert, but to me it look Spectacular!!

Juan

Comment

I studied general's tunics for a while and looked at many. If I could skip my house payment for several months I'd pick this one up.

Comment

The tunic is now sold, I guess they got $9250 for it. I wonder who bought it?

Comment

If this is Beukemann then is the Afrika cufftitle correct for him? From what i can tell he either never went to Africa when his regiment transferred there in Jul\Aug 42 or he was never there long enough to qualify for the cufftitle.
                              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X