• Time
  • Show
Clear All

owner's tag.
    correctly sewn inside left pocket
    Attached Files

Comment

undercollar, left side
      RK ribbon sewn directly to the tunic ... somebody cut off this ribbon from tunic.
      Attached Files

Comment

undercollar, right side. RK ribbon was secured with a hook.
        Attached Files

Comment

tunic seems better condition looking the photos ... live close inspection shows use. logically, more use inside at liner and armpits. clear and deep signs of all badges, medals and ribbon bar.

finally front view
          Attached Files

Comment

I have followed this thread and I have not seen one red flag so far...the German Cross loops might be a little low for my tastes, but then it wasn't tailored for me. All of Phil's comments were right on about the cloth weight and celleon insignia, so there was no need for comment in that area. Every piece looks beautifully tailored in place and it doesn't even look like the breast eagle was removed and resewn, as often seen when kept by the families. I would give your friend a hearty congratulations on a fine uniform tunic.

Richard

Comment

I think this is the taste of the majority concerning DKiG placing.

better centered on the right pocket
              Last edited by pep; 12-27-2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

IMO outstanding tunic

Comment

Looks fine to me, I have seen photos of DK worn below and off the entire pocket, I think it was the choice of the owner. I am trying to figure out how the set up would work for the RK on the left side with the ribbon and why they used ribbon under the collar.

Comment

It was stationary sewn under the left collar and had a metal loop (or eye) on the other end of the ribbon, which would be fastened onto the hook when the collar was buttoned up. Kind of like a chin strap on a flight helmet. If I understood what you were asking that is.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post

It was stationary sewn under the left collar and had a metal loop (or eye) on the other end of the ribbon, which would be fastened onto the hook when the collar was buttoned up. Kind of like a chin strap on a flight helmet. If I understood what you were asking that is.

Richard
                      Thanks, figuring some of those out are a little science to themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by richard p View Post

it was stationary sewn under the left collar and had a metal loop (or eye) on the other end of the ribbon, which would be fastened onto the hook when the collar was buttoned up. Kind of like a chin strap on a flight helmet. If i understood what you were asking that is.

Richard
                        that's corerect, richard. Rk fastened as chin strap. Unfortunately ribbon cut out by family to sell the cross or something like that.

Comment

Pep,

Has your friend seen what this tunic looked like before the restoration? It's definitely the same tunic and I do not recall if it was sold as restored? Here is the link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=370963

Somebody has some splaining to do...

Richard

Comment

Hello,

i was the owner bevor the tunic get the final finished :-) I give it away like it was, because for me it was to difficult to find the right effects for it. I am sorry for the new owner but now we all see what some kind of peopel can do with hands, not normal. If you want know something about the tunic, feel free to contact me.

Comment

This goes to show what little value photos are and much more critically illustrates how advanced faking and seating insignia has become when big bucks are involved. It is dangerous business collecting GD, SS and higher ranks, rare tunics. Selling high end restored tunics as original is a lucrative cottage industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                                Pep,

Has your friend seen what this tunic looked like before the restoration? It's definitely the same tunic and I do not recall if it was sold as restored? Here is the link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=370963

Somebody has some splaining to do...

Richard
                                It was not sold a s restored.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X