This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Almost Samurai View Post
    So much focus on a nail... I don't understand. In the past 70 years is it absurd that an owner may have attempted a half ass repair? I've slapped a few nails in my time to temporarily fix things. I'm way out of my league when it comes to knowledge on daggers but I'm sure at some point, with many TR items, repairs were made by owners right? What is the biggest authentic hangup on this piece?
    This has already been addressed in post #18.
    Ralph.

Comment

Serge,

I heard your BFF purchased this for big coin. Did you inform him he was making a mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by JR. View Post
        Serge,

I heard your BFF purchased this for big coin. Did you inform him he was making a mistake?
        JR,

You know if I knew about that, I would have stated my opinion.
        it's another 'East Bloc Sled' as far as I'm concerned.

-Serge

Comment

Originally posted by damasco View Post
          Boy forums are just the greatest.. Anyone can post a opinion. ANYONE..
          I was going to post last night about this thing..
          But than I thought it was all a bad joke...

Guys come on open your eyes.. But you have to know what your looking at and also have solid research to back it up..
          It is the year of the prototypes in Europe.....
          Has it really become that hard to find good items that people are blessing this..
          As I said I thought it was a bad joke...
          Maybe the person who owns the etching files for e-pack should look this up?? Also the company that did there finishes on scabbards..
          But really for this you do not need that solid info..

Yes for those in the U.S,who go to Europe there is quite a lot of new and different things turning up for testing.
          I also find it interesting how the poster plasters this item on other forums..
          And when they have no good comments about it he moves on...
          Why??
          You must remember no matter how many years you have owned daggers or how many you may have that does not replace understanding how they were originally made and how to make modern (Frankensteins look old).
          There are many one of a kind daggers and swords that can be backed up with original photos and documents but you have to spend money and time doing it..
          This is not personal but a few will send very personal e-mails to me that make completely no sense.
          Please do not do this when off your meds or finishing off some TJ swan..
          James
          Well said IMO. Occam's Razor: “It seems better to employ the principle known as Occam's Razor and cut out all the features of the theory that cannot be observed." Stephen Hawking from A Brief History of Time. FP

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
            JR,

-Serge
            That works for me as well. Fred

Comment

Serge,

Now the agenda of your posts comes out..
              Is it not easier just to say what you have to say.
              Maybe like this:
              1. Boy this dagger sure is a piece of crap.. And a big dealer may have bought this or another one like it..... I sure feel sorry for him as he is misinformed about what this is... It must have been the heat of the moment...
              Or this.
              2. Boy I missed this great prototype dagger .. I think a big dealer bought it..
              I sure wish I had it so I can make some money on it or have it in my collection.

We have to ask ourselves is it number 1. or 2.

Comment

I'm surprised that some collectors of this type of dagger were giving this one a chance, the design of the grip eagle was a big red flag.

Russ.

Comment

Originally posted by RohmDagger View Post

I am interested in finding out more about it and in getting any information that would be helpful in my decisions of what to do with dagger in the future.
                  RohmDagger,

So is it true you have already determined to sell it, and it now has a new owner ?

-Serge

Comment

Now the agenda of your posts comes out..
                    Is it not easier just to say what you have to say.
                    Maybe like this:
                    1. Boy this dagger sure is a piece of crap.. And a big dealer may have bought this or another one like it..... I sure feel sorry for him as he is misinformed about what this is... It must have been the heat of the moment...
                    Or this.
                    2. Boy I missed this great prototype dagger .. I think a big dealer bought it..
                    I sure wish I had it so I can make some money on it or have it in my collection.

We have to ask ourselves is it number 1. or 2.

Wholy Balls ! The shrink has spoken !

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
                      JR,

-Serge

Interesting. Thank you for the reply.

Comment

Serge,

Excuse my English but what is a BFF ?

Was all this just a joke !

Comment

Originally posted by patrice View Post
                          Excuse my English but what is a BFF ?

Was all this just a joke !
                          YES . As I thought..
                          As it seems someone wanted to make a point but took the long way to do it..
                          Yes forums are great anyone can post anything ..
                          This does not work in academia. You have to provide many different sources backed up by facts..
                          For Master papers, Doctorate degrees and just plain research papers..
                          And the material really is out there.. But it takes time and money..
                          Last edited by damasco; 02-25-2019, 01:44 PM.

Comment

YES . As I thought..
                            As it seems someone wanted to make a point but took the long way to do it..

Pretty stupid joke and just the same for those that I've played along, people really don't know what to do in their spare time.

Comment

When i would remember a german guality on various design even not SS related, so similar assigment of eagle to wood with a nail with rough holows behind the head of eagle, with wood parts cheaped out and someone would call it a prototype that would be asked by SS for acceptance, so i could only mentione to this , You made a joke.

Comment

What is going on here, can someone explain the whole situation.

Russ.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X