• Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

6. Opaque Enamel has been around since 1936 onwards & was used in various TR pins & Badges so imo is not a late war produced product as previously thought & i believe 100% that they were also made to fit into hj knifes as well as hj members pins & cap pins, here is some info from the hj research forum regarding opaque enamel pins,

Quote Metallwarenfabrik
          I dont have any problems with it. This maker, and others from the same area, around the same time (circa 1936-8) are known to have used Opaque enamel on their smaller Official party items. (obviously done by an Emaillierfabrik/anstalt en mass) I have seen these described as "..with the very rare tomato red enamel." or "..a scare Opaque version." Both being of course utter rubbish, Opaque enamel can be found on many different small official party items made by a multitude of makers from both Germany, Austria and Sudentenland. Nothing rare or scarce about the Opaque enamel, and nothing out of the ordinary with this badge.

Regards Mac 66
          Attached Files

Comment

great example Mac. some people think there are no wood grip plate hj's too. but they exist too.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
              great example Mac. some people think there are no wood grip plate hj's too. but they exist too.
              Dave,

i guess they are a very early variant hj knife similar to a WW1 trench knifes with wooden griplates ?

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

yes they were early. let me know if you want better pictures .

Comment

More than 50 % of all the surviving HJ-knifes had their original diamond lost or broken after the war:

- due to dinazification, which was very easy to do on HJ's (compared to SA, SS and all types of army daggers)

- but also because these knifes were very popular for all kinds of praktical usage after the war, so the swast had to be removed!

Due to this shortage of original diamonds, all bad quality knifes lost their original diamond due to "canabalisation" for the restauration of the superior ones, which became collector items.

That is why you find so many fake diamonds or diamonds from HJ-badges in the low end knifes, like the specimen shown above.

Best regards,

Victorman
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Herman,

You still come out with the same old story about de-nazied hj knifes

How do you fit a hj daimond into the grip recess without damaging any of the parts & still have the required movement or wiggle ?

you still never had an answer to that question on GDC,

My knife has never been altered in any way, daimond insignia wiggles nicely & is of the Opaque variety or solid red , Evidence will be out in book form that Opaque Enamel HJ pins & TR Badges were produced as early as 1936-1938 so the idea we had that they were late war produced is not true.

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

Mac,

You must be kidding?

Now it s not only full red, but also "opaque" diamonds which are good in HJ knifes? How about green and blue?

And where do all these "original" diamonds -used to restore bad quality knifes with a missing or broken diamond- are coming from in your opinion?

One good advice: get your latest HJ knife x-rayed and maybe... you might finaly see the light!

Best regards,

Herman

Comment

Originally posted by Victorman View Post
                          Mac,

You must be kidding?

Now it s not only full red, but also "opaque" diamonds which are good in HJ knifes? How about green and blue?

And where do all these "original" diamonds -used to restore bad quality knifes with a missing or broken diamond- are coming from in your opinion?

One good advice: get your latest HJ knife x-rayed and maybe... you might finaly see the light!

Best regards,

Herman

Mr Herman V.

Opaque Red = Solid Red Ok ?

Green & Blue are BOGUS!! so quit with your sarcastic crap on here!!!

i really cant stand for you smart Ass wise cracks, we all know you dont agree that they are genuine so please do not post anymore your stupid comments as i,ve heard them all before & it gets really tedious reading your posts.

Comment

What happens, Mac, are you angry?

I wonder if the moderator will allow you to write like that?

Actually, I was hooping for an answer on my question...

I will repeat it once more:

Best regards,

Herman

Comment

Originally posted by Victorman View Post
                              What happens, Mac, are you angry?

I wonder if the moderator will allow you to write like that?

Actually, I was hooping for an answer on my question...

I will repeat it once more:

Best regards,

Herman

Angry at your sarcasm as anybody would be,

solid reds are coming from the same factory as clear pimpled version from various TR companys, what until the new book on the subject of TR pins & Badges gets published then you will have more evidence to mock with your negative crap you post without any real hard evidence coming from out of your brain

Comment

I try to follow you, Mac, but... it is getting touch...

More than 50% of the original diamonds in the HJ knifes were lost after the war... but now there are again enough originals to restore even crappy knifes... like most of the ones posted in this topic...

How do you explain that?

Please try at least to stay polite, even if it becomes difficult to defend your "full red" case...

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X