Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thinking about getting this piece of AH Flatware from Brent, your thoughts and comments on it would be greatly appreciated:

http://www.brentsantiques.com/cgi-bi...at=176&Sub=752

It is the Formal Pattern AH Silver Luncheon Size 5 1/2 Inch Fork
    Item #: BA2948

Thanks!

Comment

I really want to buy from Brent but then saw the pieces over here for about the same price

http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...htm#Fuhrerblau Items

Comment

As with anything, it comes down to personal preference. Some like pieces that show the history, others prefer polished.

I have bought from Brent and Bill [as have most readers of this thread] and both are great to deal with. You will have no problem with either.

Comment

Thanks! Now it comes down to choices

Originally posted by CPB View Post
          As with anything, it comes down to personal preference. Some like pieces that show the history, others prefer polished.

I have bought from Brent and Bill [as have most readers of this thread] and both are great to deal with. You will have no problem with either.

Comment

I certainly agree with CPB -- Brent and Bill are both solid dealers, they know their stuff and they are reliable. (I've also dealt with both and have always been pleased by their items.) I also note that Brent seems to have added a wide selection of the AH Informal Pattern to his site over the past few days...and as you know, that is my favorite design!

Do let us know what you choose, Aaron!

Br. James

Comment

I am leaning towards the Formal pattern but will let you you guys know which one I chose, I'm almost there. I have saved up almost enough funds now just have to make sure to buy the wife flowers when I pick the piece of flatware up

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              I certainly agree with CPB -- Brent and Bill are both solid dealers, they know their stuff and they are reliable. (I've also dealt with both and have always been pleased by their items.) I also note that Brent seems to have added a wide selection of the AH Informal Pattern to his site over the past few days...and as you know, that is my favorite design!

Do let us know what you choose, Aaron!

Br. James

Comment

You can't go wrong with either guy but my personal preference is Brent when looking to buy AH silverware.

Comment

Brent does have some nice pieces and his informal teaspoon is looking nice for me pricewise as when the baby comes I won't be collecting for a while most likely

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                  You can't go wrong with either guy but my personal preference is Brent when looking to buy AH silverware.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_ridergta View Post
                    Brent does have some nice pieces and his informal teaspoon is looking nice for me pricewise as when the baby comes I won't be collecting for a while most likely
                    Yep babies have a way of putting hobbies on hold.

Comment

You got that right! I just be able to look and dream

Yep babies have a way of putting hobbies on hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_ridergta View Post
                        You got that right! I just be able to look and dream
                        Dreaming is ok but children always comes first and it sounds like you have your priorities in the right place. Silverware will be there when you're ready to buy.

Comment

Family first! Maybe I can get my child collecting too, I'm sure that's many a collectors dream that doesn't come true!

Dreaming is ok but children always comes first and it sounds like you have your priorities in the right place. Silverware will be there when you're ready to buy.

Comment

Every collector shod never Push his Hobby before the Family.
                            That should Be clear!

Knight Wy guys will safe you some pieces for later Days

mfg
                            fredy

Comment

I agree! Thanks Fredy that would be great, don't buy all of the pieces on the market

Originally posted by fredyfang View Post
                              Every collector shod never Push his Hobby before the Family.
                              That should Be clear!

Knight Wy guys will safe you some pieces for later Days

mfg
                              fredy

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=709029

Worth getting if you don't already have a copy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X