This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
    So Share some very clear NEW photos in actual sunlight so others can take a peek.

Lets really look close at this. I just might see somthing that looks a lot like pencil marks.
    I wonder if those marks are still there, or did you sand them off after you took this photo?
    I can also clearly see pencil marks !
    On an item claiming to be this old, What I would expect to see is some signs of ageing, But I see no wear or patina ?
    Surely a period made piece would have been originally waxed with beeswax to preserve it, the results being, a mellowing/aging over the years to a rich dark honey colour ?
    Also the lettering looks amateurish and not what I would expect from a period craftsman made item ?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
      Minnesinger:
      If I saw 60 years carved on the front of this plate I would surely be suspicious as I doubt they would be giving out plates every ten years or less.

Think of typical award sequences, multiples of 25, 50, 75, 100, or even 4, 8, 12, 25 as examples. Wedding anniversaries are more frequent and where 60 would be celebrated.

The Reichsnährstand was not around in 1931 when this farm hit 50 years. Who knows when these plates were given out but by the time 1941 this farm had done its 50 years.

For me, 50 suits it better than 60 for the carving.

Thorsten:
      Those carving marking out guides, are they in the wood or pencil marks?
      So would I be, but then again, I get suspicious when I read one thing on the back and another thing on the front. Kind of like when a plate of a vikingship has the rudder in the front of the boat pointing against the travel direction instead of the back.

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
        Andreas, if you're interested in this piece, PM me & i'll send you his link
        Thanks for the extra photos Darius..

Nooo...Im not interested in that piece..if it would be in original state (not overpainted) then, maybe yes..but not in this fantasy porcelain figure..thanks

Comment

I would also like to see some more photos of the plate Thorsten. Get some good closeups.

Comment

here's a closer shot..
            btw, to clarify, as Minnesinger kindly pointed out, this one posted by me is a different Number stamped on the bottom (42) than the civilian one he posted (14)
            Thanks for the new photos. I have no doubt someone took a yellow shirt variation of that Katzhütte-piece and repainted it different number or not.

Comment

here's a closer shot..
              btw, to clarify, as Minnesinger kindly pointed out, this one posted by me is a different Number stamped on the bottom (42) than the civilian one he posted (14)
              That is just horrible. On the plus side a good wash in acetone would likely clean it all off.

Comment

Thanks guys,

I appreciate your serious interest in my outstanding Reichsnährstand plate.

I also have to admit that it really is an attractive SS cultural item.

Unfortunately I am not as professional as some others here when taking pics of their pieces but I can assure all of you that these are - as I mentioned already - marks of the wood turning process and there are definitely NO pencil marks on it´s surface.

I have an offer for you:

If anyone is seriously interested in purchasing the plate I have no problem taking it to a professional photographer and let her take pics of the piece in detail.

Would be fair game in my book if the costs for that effort and service could be splitted with the potential buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  I have an offer for you:

give it up man

Comment

Thanks guys,

I appreciate your serious interest in my outstanding Reichsnährstand plate.

I also have to admit that it really is an attractive SS cultural item.

Unfortunately I am not as professional as some others here when taking pics of their pieces but I can assure all of you that these are - as I mentioned already - marks of the wood turning process and there are definitely NO pencil marks on it´s surface.

I have an offer for you:

If anyone is seriously interested in purchasing the plate I have no problem taking it to a professional photographer and let her take pics of the piece in detail.

Would be fair game in my book if the costs for that effort and service could be splitted with the potential buyer.
                    I am not a professional photographer either, However, I have provided closer and better photos in various light settings (in the sun/artificial light) for Waf members who asked. Including for you!
                    - prove to WAF that those pencil marks are not pencil, and that you did not sand them off.
                    If not ,your plate is another FAKE .

Comment

Originally posted by Tobysauer View Post
                      I can also clearly see pencil marks !
                      On an item claiming to be this old, What I would expect to see is some signs of ageing, But I see no wear or patina ?
                      Surely a period made piece would have been originally waxed with beeswax to preserve it, the results being, a mellowing/aging over the years to a rich dark honey colour ?
                      Also the lettering looks amateurish and not what I would expect from a period craftsman made item ?
                      Hello Tobysauer,
                      I think you have clearly defined many of the various problems.
                      I doubt Thurston will answer you-or anyone else satisfactorily.
                      Why some WAF members still treat him respectfully is bordering on complicity.

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
                        Nooo...Im not interested in that piece....
                        apparently either seller pulled it from his website
                        or it was sold

amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                          Hello Tobysauer,
                          I think you have clearly defined many of the various problems.
                          I doubt Thurston will answer you-or anyone else satisfactorily.
                          Why some WAF members still treat him respectfully is bordering on complicity.
                          Hi Michael, The only reason I can presume for him not being expelled, is for the sheer comedy value of his items for sale !

Comment

Do I see jealousy raising it´s ugly head also here once again?

Comment

Do I see jealousy raising it´s ugly head also here once again?

Jealousy ?? Jealous of someone who is single handedly destroying any credibility within this field of collecting ? I think not try replacing the word "jealousy" with "disgust"!

Comment

Here, this DHW bench is for you - relax a bit.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X