This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ETN View Post
    I thought I would post this here. I think this broach is from the period and that the rune on the front is a variation of the "Fehu" rune (though I'm not sure). Could anyone positively identify the rune? Sadly, the pin on the back is broken. Has anyone else seen broaches like this before? I think it may have been part of a series.

Erich
    first off: I hate this cultural thread as everything can never be found again.It is like a black hole or ghetto for the red-headed step child of TR collecting known as cultural items .

"Kan" rune

fourth rune on top. From a 3rd reich era book( civilian publisher-not governmental) in my collection that I shared in depth on another thread.

the good WAF member Minnesinger said "Kaun"
    I have seen it also titled as Kaun-naz in an occult book

one scholars book: has them as
    in Germanic: the rune is shaped as a angular 'C' and called :kaunaz, kenaz, kano.
    Then in a similar shape as we are discussing:
    old Norse: kauna
    Norwegian: kaun
    Icelandic: kaun
    and etcetera forever and ever......

Runes are a problem: as i have said in the past; what the nazis did and said about runes is not necessarily what scholars said in the past, nor what they say today about runes.

there are actually 3 issues: 1)scholars 2) nazi ideas 3) religious /occult ideas on runes
    As you may imagine,
    They rarely see eye to eye !
    probably best not to research them...it is a neverending story
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting topic!
      Has somebody more photographs of the inside of those FM-magazines?

Comment

here is my original print of the book "Das nordische Jahr und seine Sinnbilder" from 1936. I did not find another original print at the web, only reprints.

Nice content about Germanic history and her symbols.
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Meht who publishes the book?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post
                      Meht who publishes the book?
                      Original is written by Freerk Haye Hamkens, and it was published by the "Nordischer Verlag Ernst Precht" in 1936. There is a reprint out from 1984.

And it is such badly and dangerous, that it was forbidden in Germany after WW2

Comment

Originally posted by m-e-h-t View Post
                        Original is written by Freerk Haye Hamkens, and it was published by the "Nordischer Verlag Ernst Precht" in 1936. There is a reprint out from 1984.

And it is such badly and dangerous, that it was forbidden in Germany after WW2
                        Do you know what the legal designation for what type of "Dangerous" this book fell under?

The Allied Military Commanders set up a group to confiscate nazi cultural materials

Even though this trends into a history and religious text-Allies probably included this in Propaganda and racial theories

It could have been labeled as this actual legal terminology:

"Confiscation of Literature and Material of a Nazi and Militarist Nature"
                        under this they then: "include Nazi propaganda, including nazi racial theories"

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                          Do you know what the legal designation for what type of "Dangerous" this book fell under?

The Allied Military Commanders set up a group to confiscate nazi cultural materials

Even though this trends into a history and religious text-Allies probably included this in Propaganda and racial theories

It could have been labeled as this actual legal terminology:

"Confiscation of Literature and Material of a Nazi and Militarist Nature"
                          under this they then: "include Nazi propaganda, including nazi racial theories"
                          I don´t know the exact designation, Michael, I just saw it on a list from 1946 with forbidden books.

Comment

Originally posted by m-e-h-t View Post
                            I don´t know the exact designation, Michael, I just saw it on a list from 1946 with forbidden books.
                            Thanks anyway.
                            On the German side there may have been simply : "Forbidden" as the designation.

This is just somthing I am interested in...just tonight I was reading up on the Allied legal justifications for confiscation of reading materials and "liquidation of Nazi Memorials and Museums."

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                              You can see by the crib the importance of family to the NSDAP culture.
                              Important is also to question what is the German culture and the NSDAP culture, there are many roots on this matter also w/o the III Reich, just look back to the Kelten and Romans, III Reich was only a fresh up. U can look back to the 1800 and find the same stuff in the German regions.

Comment

That is right.

I think to solve this question is to study the period literature to find out how the authors - often enough scientists being already engaged by the Ahnenerbe or Amt Rosenberg due to their political ambitions OR being engaged soon after they published a certain historical/cultural book which suited the taste of certain NS or SS officials - explained and legitimated their views onto these cultural aspects and their methods of experience and documentation; it was quite a popular field already in the Imperial aera and surely not everything can be dismissed as one-sided or neo-pagan inventions - that also explains why it developed so quickly and so successful after all.

Many Volkskundler fell into the second category and felt finally more comfy with working for Himmler than for Rosenberg or other cultural enthusiasts within their time because Himmler usually kept them on a long line.

The DHW itself is actually a very remarkable example and well worth to put an open eye on their input and output - their offered range of interieur pieces is surely based on a tradition of german craftsmenship and by founding the DHW this craftsmenship and it´s methods and cultural traditions should be enabled not only to survive but to - as Robert put it - be refreshed and to finally suit the cultural AND religious agenda of it´s initial organizer and supervisor.

So it was an ideological agenda carried out by refreshing these partially indeed very old german (and in general european and rural) traditions and mixing them with products and habits of the period, a new development and the DHW Jul chest being one of the most important pieces within that category of pieces.

So important that it was officially introduced - among other religious center pieces produced by Allach or Mayr in Miesbach - by publishing the SS Family book.
                                Last edited by Thorsten B.; 02-25-2012, 11:09 AM. Reason: Additional input

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 75 users online. 0 members and 75 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X