Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 years of marriage = porcelain wedding ("Porzellanhochzeit")

After 20 years of marriage it's an old German tradition to give the married couple new porcelain as a present (so here they used the wrong material for the present *just joking*).

Regards,
    Dagaz

Comment

I thought I would post this here. I think this broach is from the period and that the rune on the front is a variation of the "Fehu" rune (though I'm not sure). Could anyone positively identify the rune? Sadly, the pin on the back is broken. Has anyone else seen broaches like this before? I think it may have been part of a series.

Erich
      Attached Files

Comment

familiar

where have we seen this before??

http://www.hermann-historica.de/aukt...db=kat63_r.txt

Comment

Here in WAF only.

Just like this period wrought iron cultural candy.
          Attached Files

Comment

very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ETN View Post
              I thought I would post this here. I think this broach is from the period and that the rune on the front is a variation of the "Fehu" rune (though I'm not sure). Could anyone positively identify the rune? Sadly, the pin on the back is broken. Has anyone else seen broaches like this before? I think it may have been part of a series.

Erich
              It is a rune called Kaun in old norse and it is from the younger futhark. I think it is one of the "Germanischer Schmuck" designed by Erich Schuster. I haven't seen this particular one before but others like it.

Comment

I'm in a good mood so here is a little something most likely none of you have seen before and I think you will enjoy it. An old model candleholder that the Allach julleuchter is based on. This one was made in 1749.

Last edited by Minnesinger; 01-30-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Now that is very interesting to see!!

I assume it was used by farmers in your country as a cultural candleholder.

Any background history known regarding this particular one?

Comment

Hi ETN

I like youre broach.They even produced a few over here in Holland during the war.Just check post 501 in this thread.

@Minnesinger:

That's a very nice example.A really interesting piece of history!

Etienne

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                      I'm in a good mood so here is a little something most likely none of you have seen before and I think you will enjoy it. An old model candleholder that the Allach julleuchter is based on. This one was made in 1749.[/IMG]
                      Very interesting, look at the old germanic gothic numbers.
                      Do we have any other infos about such kind of Julleuchters?
                      I presume they were made long before 1700.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                        It is a rune called Kaun in old norse and it is from the younger futhark. I think it is one of the "Germanischer Schmuck" designed by Erich Schuster. I haven't seen this particular one before but others like it.
                        Hi,

Thanks for your help. Could you tell me more about the Germanisher Schmuck series and Erich Schuster?

Thanks,
                        Erich

Comment

This photo of the Saukel family crib would be the ultimate cultural piece if it survived!
                          Attached Files

Comment

very cool Erich! thanks for reviving this Sippe.

Comment

The - nearly identical - Sippenwiege of camp commander Karl Koch, although without the Sippenzeichen, survived.

Read here:

http://www.buchenwald.de/index.php?p...3&articleid=53

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                                very cool Erich! thanks for reviving this Sippe.
                                You can see by the crib the importance of family to the NSDAP culture.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X