X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    "Do you still sell fake Allach and claim it is good? I know you do. Many people talk to me about you now."

Michael: You really do know? Can you give any evidence to this?

Yes. If the moderators desire, I can get them in contact with all the sources.
    Also, I will be happy forward them the email reply I recieved from your former employers at Wewelsburg museum. In answer to my question about your character : the Sub-Direktor John-Stucke of the Kreismuseum Wewelsburg gave a negative assessment of you and mentioned you had been terminated. Further, the Sub-Direktor even mentioned you are "not allowed to give tours" It appears they actually keep a watch out for you.
    I have this official reply from Wewelsburg ready to forward to the correct parties, along with other information-if so required to do so.
    Sincerely,
    MF

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
      Actually I don't think there are any wooden candle holders contained within this thread that sit outside of this realm, a realm I would call the realm of opinion.

The realm of opinion is exactly where I would put all the wooden candle holders here. I have not seen a fact written in this thread with respect to any wooden candle holder. It is subjective, it is art, it is the zeitgeist, the craft and design and of course personal taste, all factors which must be weighed up in ones own mind when it comes to purchasing a candle holder like yours, Don's or Thorstens/Third Reich Arts examples.
      In other words ,
      you agree that aesthetics is subjective.

Comment

Ok, something different
        What we see is a thick wooden box, definitely from the time around 1925 - 1955.

The wood is so massive that on both sides it is easily possible for a good craftman to carve the soldiers out of that thick material so to speak and that it still appears to be in proper shape.

Just kidding, had to paraphrase/quote my friend thorsten on this. It actually is pretty cool. Have a good weekend!

Comment

Very nice box Thorsten.Maybe you can show some additional photos

Etienne

Comment

Hello Michael,

Feel free to post the document from Ms. John-Stucke here in the forum.

I would like to see that.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Comment

Any such letters and other information should be started in another thread and NOT this one. This thread has had enough distractions already.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                Steve,
                This pairing of photos means that if my candle started life looking like that one (but with less arms) then there would not be enough room to carve out enough wood from existing shape to get a rune in raised relief like mine and not look obviously whittled down.
                And mine has the thichness in similar with the the other candle holder yet also has a raised relief rune displayed on top of this thickness.
                Also, there are many things made in the 60's that may harken back to another age's wood carving style...especially as intuitivly organic a shape as my Leben rune candle holder.

excellent photos by the way.
                I like both of those candle holders.
                Exactly where can I read about this 60's candle holder for myself?
                Michael,

Let me try to address things a little more clearly if I may. OK, I did not make it clear that I was not presenting a fact so unfortunately I cannot direct you further.These items are in some respects like many TR items, they come with no fact, at least not that I've found yet.

My comment on the similarities of the piece and retro art deco are what I've gleaned from seeing several pieces described as such and from my own experience of art deco. I like art deco, my ex-wife collected a little and my personal opinion is in alignment with descriptions of sellers of such pieces, that is all, it is not fact, merely opinion which I felt was acceptable to express in an area on this forum without fact. A point of view that may be considered or even dismissed, merely up to the viewer.

Also bear in mind I'm not dismissing your piece out of hand a as fake, if you are happy with it that's all good. We cannot possibly know for sure, we can only make up our own minds on what information is available. I am equally open to discussion of its merits as I am t its concerns.

There is an air of negativity currently hanging over this thread that I feel is inhibiting healthy discussion and if you felt I was dismissing your piece as an outright fake then I can surely apologise as there was no intent to do so.

Comment

Michael,

Let me try to address things a little more clearly if I may. OK, I did not make it clear that I was not presenting a fact so unfortunately I cannot direct you further.These items are in some respects like many TR items, they come with no fact, at least not that I've found yet.

My comment on the similarities of the piece and retro art deco are what I've gleaned from seeing several pieces described as such and from my own experience of art deco. I like art deco, my ex-wife collected a little and my personal opinion is in alignment with descriptions of sellers of such pieces, that is all, it is not fact, merely opinion which I felt was acceptable to express in an area on this forum without fact. A point of view that may be considered or even dismissed, merely up to the viewer.

Also bear in mind I'm not dismissing your piece out of hand a as fake, if you are happy with it that's all good. We cannot possibly know for sure, we can only make up our own minds on what information is available. I am equally open to discussion of its merits as I am t its concerns.

There is an air of negativity currently hanging over this thread that I feel is inhibiting healthy discussion and if you felt I was dismissing your piece as an outright fake then I can surely apologise as there was no intent to do so.
                  Hello Steve,
                  I respect what you have said, and appreciate it. All wood items have a different level of variables to consider than say,a metal item or even cloth.
                  Thanks,
                  MF

Comment

Another bread plate, similar to one shown earlier that read:-

DIE ERDE HAT FÜR ALLE BROT

This plate reads:-

BROT FÜR ALLE HAT DIE ERDE
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
                      Another bread plate, similar to one shown earlier that read:-

DIE ERDE HAT FÜR ALLE BROT

This plate reads:-

BROT FÜR ALLE HAT DIE ERDE
                      David, a small plate at about 24 cm?

Comment

David, a small plate at about 24 cm?
                        Correct!!! You in my house?

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
                          Correct!!! You in my house?
                          No, don't worry, I'm not in your house

I'm just familiar with the plate, I have one almost exactly similar in style, wood and size.

My particular example is, I'm fairly confident, a post war produced piece sold by the general store of Bärensprung und Ehlers. It has a maker/store label and the price label still remains. The price is interesting at 14.50 and one of the reasons that show me this is post war as the price would be extremely expensive in the 30's. Compare this to the 1938 price of a 1936 SS Officers Dagger which had a cost of 12.15.

Below are a few photographs of the plate and of the general store. The store from a small local interest book about the store owners, Die Mecklenburger Kaufmannsfamile Kopsicker. The external pictures date from 1930 and 1990, the internal shot from 1920.
                          Attached Files

Comment

No, don't worry, I'm not in your house

I'm just familiar with the plate, I have one almost exactly similar in style, wood and size.

My particular example is, I'm fairly confident, a post war produced piece sold by the general store of Bärensprung und Ehlers. It has a maker/store label and the price label still remains. The price is interesting at 14.50 and one of the reasons that show me this is post war as the price would be extremely expensive in the 30's. Compare this to the 1938 price of a 1936 SS Officers Dagger which had a cost of 12.15.

Below are a few photographs of the plate and of the general store. The store from a small local interest book about the store owners, Die Mecklenburger Kaufmannsfamile Kopsicker. The external pictures date from 1930 and 1990, the internal shot from 1920.
                            Now this is the type of gathered evidence and deductive logic that I hope to strive for!
                            I have nothing more to add than to say I have seen a few other "old" tellers of similar vein.
                            The sub-theme of the continual utilization of traditional items(pre T.R., T.R. era , and after T.R. era) is in itself a topic perhaps worthy of reflection (or more importantly, of investigation).
                            Last edited by Michael Fay; 10-06-2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

pretty neat Candle Holder I grabbed on the flea market today

seen before??

Andreas
                              Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting.

Can you provide us with some more pics?

I wonder how the construction looks like - could be a kind of a Julbock.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 181 users online. 0 members and 181 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X