This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaZpuTiN View Post
    Great lebensrune. Where did I see this one recently, ebay.de?
    Thanks RaZpuTiN,
    I have been advised it was lately out there. i like this piece so much
    that it has got me to start posting again.

Comment

markings

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
      Interesting piece at a reasonable price too Is there a maker mark or date on it?

Hello Steve...No, there is no maker markings or dates of any kind I noticed.
      Actually in my Holz collection of wooden things almost all have no markings from any maker or date.
      Do you know of any actual wood carving maker marks? I ask as I do have a little Jul teller with a official maker mark on back but have never found any info on the marking and I used to look-finally I gave up after a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
        Hello Steve...No, there is no maker markings or dates of any kind I noticed.
        Actually in my Holz collection of wooden things almost all have no markings from any maker or date.
        Do you know of any actual wood carving maker marks? I ask as I do have a little Jul teller with a official maker mark on back but have never found any info on the marking and I used to look-finally I gave up after a few years.
        Hi Michael,

Three of the seven wood items I have are marked, one with a pencil signature, one with a stamped Kielstein mark and one with a Kielstein label + stamp. I haven't looked in detail for information on the company, just search on the internet. There is no sign of them at their address in Wurzen (as per the company label on the plate)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
          Hi Michael,

Three of the seven wood items I have are marked, one with a pencil signature, one with a stamped Kielstein mark and one with a Kielstein label + stamp. I haven't looked in detail for information on the company, just search on the internet. There is no sign of them at their address in Wurzen (as per the company label on the plate)
          Mine has a "Handarbeit" (plus their name -group) type engraving with a red inlaid paint but on the web there was nothing ...a few others do have an odd date carved on them. One from the netherlands has a cryptic rune like configuration as a maker mark.
          This is the type of information that I accept as being lost, if it was ever really kept in any records at all.

Comment

Michael,

Nice wooden candleholder you got there.

The light surface and the shape of the Lebensrune unfortenately just does not match in any way with the original darker surface and real patina of the rest of the piece.

I really hope it was at a reasonable price.

Comment

I think you could help other people here not getting overly distracted by crooks as well by telling more about the seller - especially when he is a member here on WAF as well.

Comment

My bread plate in post # 18 is marked "Werkschar" on the reverse.

Comment

laugh.

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  Michael,

Nice wooden candleholder you got there.

The light surface and the shape of the Lebensrune unfortenately just does not match in any way with the original darker surface and real patina of the rest of the piece.

I really hope it was at a reasonable price.

sometimes things get too transparently amusing here.
                  But then again, maybe I should listen as "it takes a thief to catch a thief."

Comment

It is not my fault that your wooden candleholder is a fake which you - unfortenately - were not able to detect as such.

Well, learning by doing at least.

Comment

a little more rope

It is not my fault that your wooden candleholder is a fake which you - unfortenately - were not able to detect as such.

Well, learning by doing at least.
                      My esteemed comrade,
                      Do explain further.
                      in the interests of how and why you believe it it is fake do tell us in a little bit more detail...just a little.

Do you mean it is only "patina" and shape of the rune itself that you base this on:
                      Or is there any more you can explain.
                      I await your illuminating comments before I will post my already taken detailed closeups to add more wisdom for all.
                      So, unless you dont want to explain further,
                      Do ..."Go on."

Comment

Erich,

The mark "Werkschar" is clear evidence that your piece is a product from the manufactury of the well-known wood turner, carver, artist and poet Friedrich Muck-Lamberty from Thuringia.

Just put his name into a search engine you can easily find out more about the historical and cultural background of that very interesting person.

Pieces from him are of highest quality and within the period he was able to become a very successful craft- and businessman.

After 1945 he continued producing wooden items but turned more into neutral or even christian mottos and production range. Pieces after 1945 are marked with "Muck" - at least the few pieces I am aware of.

Pieces before that are marked with "Werkschar" or monogrammed with a kind of Binderune "ML" - for Muck-Lamberty, of course.
                        Some beautiful pieces have been offered in the past by Germaniainternational - yes, they do offer originals also ;-)

It would be great if somebody could upload the pics one can find by searching his name.

Just so that clear evidence is given to satisfy any skeptic collectors ;-)

Comment

Michael,

One step after the other.

You still ignored my initial question from whom you actually bought the candleholder.

After doing so I am happy to give a more detailed answer to your question as well.
                          Last edited by Thorsten B.; 09-26-2010, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Thorsten's silence is loud and clear

Michael,

One step after the other.

You still ignored my initial question from whom you actually bought the candleholder.

After doing so I am happy to give a more detailed answer to your question as well.
                            Ahh...you are afraid now.
                            I was so willing to learn-if you actually had anything worth learning about.. Now I know you simply said that in a pathetically transparent lie.

It is too bad, I have such nice photos of the "patina" and the rune shape and the fact that the rune was carved directly from the same wood with the same grain...the rune is raised right out of the same piece of wood as the Holz leuchter.

Comment

Just by the way: your piece has already been offered here in Germany to a collector friend of mine who is an expert regarding such pieces and he detected it as a fake as well and did not buy it.

I will ask him if he saved the pics of your piece which he received, if so I will get them posted here.

And now, Michael, no more smokes and mirrors:

Who is the seller?

Is he a member here on WAF as well??

Is it the same person who sold a faked "SS-chest" to member Steve here recently as well?

Since I am in common with you that liars and dishonest persons shall be banned from this forum the answer to my question is quite important and will do good to all of our members here for protecting them against fraudulent behaviour of other members.

Thank you in advance for your honest answer.

Comment

making it up as you go

Just by the way: your piece has already been offered here in Germany to a collector friend of mine who is an expert regarding such pieces and he detected it as a fake as well and did not buy it.

I will ask him if he saved the pics of your piece which he received, if so I will get them posted here.

And now, Michael, no more smokes and mirrors:

Who is the seller?

Is he a member here on WAF as well??

Is it the same person who sold a faked "SS-chest" to member Steve here recently as well?

Since I am in common with you that liars and dishonest persons shall be banned from this forum the answer to my question is quite important and will do good to all of our members here for protecting them against fraudulent behaviour of other members.

Thank you in advance for your honest answer.
                                Interesting.
                                so ...I must have missed you explanation as to how it is fake by the patina and shape of rune.
                                As I thought, you would simply change your excuse for your claim that the item is fake when I mentioned close up photos ready to be posted.

I believe you are lying. Just making it up as you go.

Honestly the only WAF member I personally know to be an dishonest seller is Thorsten Beine. I am truly sorry for anyone else (like the person you mentioned) getting ripped off like I have by you.

I hope that satisfies your need for me to give names out on WAF.

I still hold out hope you can teach us all how it is fake.
                                If not , your exceedingly tarnished SS guru status and destroyed reputation leave little faith in your pronouncements.

But please, do go on and explain how it is a fake.
                                All I want to do is learn more about cultural items.
                                Here is your chance to show your wisdom....just explain a little bit.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 177 users online. 0 members and 177 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X