This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dmv,

Always good to see more unknown brooches.

I presume you know this link already Brooch background

Looking forward to a reverse picture of the first one.

Best regards,
    Gaston

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
      I presume you know this link already Brooch background
      Frauenschule Malchow

You got it right!

Comment

ok photo of the back.
        The brooch is very heavy and has a sophisticated safety closure for the pin (first have to pull out the case) .
        Also note the hight!
        I would say around 1900?

Certainly not arabic or kelt kitsch
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well, back to the roots with this one - here is another world premiere:

A shot of the SS Jul chest made by DHW.

Happy collecting.
            Attached Files

Comment

As one will easily recognize the carved details were not always the same over the years - that is dependent on year and region/firm/masters being involved in the manufacturing process.

This one published within the well-known SS family book issued by SS-Obergruppenführer Fritz Weitzel represents in my view the first type of the SS Jul chest - while a later publication (a DHW booklet issued during war time) shows a slightly different version, one of the second series in my opinion.
              Attached Files

Comment

The man behind the book - one of the most important figures in the SS.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
                  I would also like to see better photos of the Gahr badge as well front and back
                  Cheers
                  Gary
                  After all this time, I think it is is safe to assume there will be no photos forthcoming from Thorston and we can conclude there is no evidence, to support his claim that any of his 4 broochs are made by Gahr despite his energetic claims to the contrary.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post

Happy collecting.
                    Too bad the one in the book doesn't have a keyhole and different vines, huh?

Comment

Happy collecting.
                      And too bad it is not carved the same. The grapes above the keyhole (that should not be there) are completely different that the actual SS Jul chest.

Those 2 glaring discrepancies must be hard to change for any cabinet "restorer."

Note:Minnesinger beat me to it as i was typing, well done Minnesinger!

Comment

Here is one made during the war. Still looks the same as in the book. Just how much "later" production are you talking about? April '45?

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                          Here is one made during the war. Still looks the same as in the book. Just how much "later" production are you talking about? April '45?

maybe much later...
                          Thorston's photos tend to betray him.
                          Here is his own post # 1740 showing the woodworking tools
                          Attached Files

Comment

Korrekt - and that poor quality is another reason why I did not post any pics of the back of this unique SS Gahr brooch at all for now.

Better pics attached with a copyright mark are in progress.

And then all that cheap Yada-Yada will be over.
                            wow, how long does it take you to copy protect a photo???
                            notice? the "Yada-Yada"? goes on and on.........and on....

so why not stop it, if thats your concern...become a Hero of Legend here on the forum and post a copy protected good pic here..
                            if you do not not know how to protect images, let me know and I send you a software that can do it...easy is that

Comment

Yes - that is one period picture of it (copyright Steve T.).
                              Attached Files

Comment

The third period picture of an SS Jul chest can be found in this DHW booklet.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X