Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just have to get this of my chest gentlemen..

just let me add here, that this once quite interesting and nice Cultural Thread is for a while now going down the drain rapidly...due to actually one Individual that seems to GET AWAY WITH MURDER here on the Forum!!!
    I know no other member here with such a bad acting and behavior!!shame on you...

Thorsten, wouldnt it had been so hard to just tell people YOU do not want to show more of your questionable Item because you planning to publish a book in the first place??!!!
    ..instead of insulting the people asking you over and over again for more or actually for better photos and wasting 20 more pages playing the fat ragged kid here??!!! out of order really!!

seems like the Forum Moderators do not really care anymore about this Thread nor about whats going on here...why not move it out the SS Forum??

85% is only german cultural stuff anyway

and DHW = Reichsnährstand = SS ..is the biggest BS I have read here!!! so my grandfather was a farmer and member of the RNS..means by this nonsense formula it makes my grandfather somehow connected to the SS??!!! what a laugh!! you are just a Dreamer..
    Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 01-19-2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
      In these two you have wakened formidable opponents who know their stuff.
      Opponents?

We all share the same fascinating hobby - at least that is how I see and define it.

Or do you and they have a personal agenda against me?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
        Opponents?

We all share the same fascinating hobby - at least that is how I see and define it.

They are only "opponents" in the intellectual sense and their expertise in SS cultural items sense.

i.e. They know more than you and they know you are not able to prove with valid evidence any of your wild and dissembling assertions
        and they are stating it forthrightly here in your percieved little fiefdom.

Comment

Tactics 101 Class/Schulung

Opponents?

Above: Example #4

Thorston's WAF Tactics 101 Class/Schulung
          1)Insult to distract
          2) misdirection from the inconvenient question or fact
          3) post 20 pix instead of answer inconvenient questions
          4) Play the poor little victim: instead of look at lack of proofs on claims/items
          5) Claim Thorston's Catch-22:cant discuss items cuz im writing a book
          6) "it's a German thing"Claim you cant possibly question Thorston unless you are German

Comment

And you have zero clue about what you are looking at and talking about - just like Michael and Gaston.
            Thorsten,

So do you now feel up to talking about the welding issue on the candle stand or is the item still beyond reproach.

For the rest of the community please see link to locked down thread but please read the title wade through the weeds and judge for yourself:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=553576

To answer the question would not compromise any book but failure to may compromise sales.

This is not personal before you start, I really would like to know if the weld was post war and did it fool you or do you stand by your silence?

To err is human.

Happy New Year

Jock

Comment

Nope.

1+1 = 2.
              Did you use your phone to take that photo?, and a photo of the back?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
                Did you use your phone to take that photo?, and a photo of the back?
                Korrekt - and that poor quality is another reason why I did not post any pics of the back of this unique SS Gahr brooch at all for now.

Better pics attached with a copyright mark are in progress.

And then all that cheap Yada-Yada will be over.

Comment

Korrekt - and that poor quality is another reason why I did not post any pics of the back of this unique SS Gahr brooch at all for now.

Better pics attached with a copyright mark are in progress.

And then all that cheap Yada-Yada will be over.
                  You use a C902 Sony Ericsson that has a 5 megapixel camera in it. If you wanted to it wouldn't be blurry.

Comment

Too tired to reply long, but kust got home and decided to read up a little before sleep, can't believe this is all allowed on the forum????

Gaston,

I think you got that right.
                    My dear Thorsten,

It is beyond me why you still dare to reply like this after everything that has been posted on the previous dozens of pages ... i feel so very sorry for you, it must not be easy to log in every time and keep up this attitude.

By the way:
                    If you would not know about the ideological and cultural importance of SS Gahr jewelry pieces - namely the brooches! - for SS wifes as counterpart of the Ehrenringe - then why would you search for one for your collection?

Furthermore it seems that you are in need of reading some more valuable literature regarding this topic - if you need any hints feel free to ask.
                    I am always willing to help friendly collectors. :-)

I am well aware of the importance of real cultural items, and that is not the type of items being falsely called original that are sold and posted here by you. The reason i collect the items i collect is because i like them, simple as that. There is no need for a superior level in collecting, or for lecturing people here that in your eyes are below your own made up standards. I do for a living more with history every day than you can imagine. Why don't you att least try to behave like an adult here.

If anyone ever would need advise on interesting period paperwork i would suggest asking Minnesinger or Michael.
                    Last edited by jabnus; 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling, have had a loooong day

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                      The reason i collect the items i collect is because i like them, simple as that.
                      Happy collecting!

Comment

Nope.

1+1 = 2.

Why this pure provocative posting behavior is allowed here is beyond every understanding. You purpose insult everyone that reads this thread with these on purpose posted bad pictures. AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

Where is that so called to a equally important as Schindler related SS mans story?

Where is the evidence of a SS and RNS connection?

Where are good pics of the brooch that prove you are right?

Where is evidence that the wrought iron pieces you sold as original SS and were claimed as fraudulent were good?

Where is evidence that the many wooden plates you sold and of which many had a similar nowadays production characteristic on the reverse, were originals?

Where is the evidence of many of the DHW items that differ so much from period publications?

Where is evidence of the other three brooches you posted when asked if someone could post original Gahr items?

Why do many of the pictures you posted in this 200+ page thread have German auction sites watermarks?

Why don't you ever give an answer?

Why do you react so fierce to items of other people but are so ascial yourself not to post anything of your own posted (false?() items and even insult, call names and look down on people who ask you anything?

Why...Et cetera

Where...Et cetera

With every post like this on purpose made bad picture you cross the lines again and again and only to provoke more. The result is with every post that it becomes clearer and clearer you have nothing to back up anything you show or state.

Answers please Thorsten Beine?

What's next? More unrelated pictures? More excuses why you look down on other people that dare to question what you post, and thus don't have to post anything?

Comment

Comment

on with the thread

any opinions on this brooch I got?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dmv,

That's a nice brooch, it appears to from pre-45, many brooches like this were worn already in the 1930s, although this kind of more neutral looking female jewelry might have been worn a bit after 1945 as well. The design is quite sophisticated too, most of the time these items had a rather simple design. Is there anything intersting on the reverse? What kind of needle for example? Any markings? What's the size?

best regards,
                              Gaston

Comment

Actually this could also be an Arabic juwel, bought last week at a Soukh in Egypt.
                                No offense, Dmv... I think this interesting thread has been poisoned too long with unsubstantiated and unproven 'cultural items' of the TR era...
                                I cannot recognize ANY known Germanic, pseudo-Germanic or ideological symbol or sign in this (otherwise nice-looking) juwel. Perhaps the floral symbols on the edge are stylised Sonnenräder? Not very likely.
                                I don't pretend to be an expert, nor do I know of 'catalogues' or photobooks with period cultural items. I do know about the period symbolism however...
                                On a trip to Ireland, Westcoast, I saw hundreds of jewels that could be interpreted or mistaken as TR juwelry... Although they were from another culture alltogether, i.e. the Celtic culture.
                                In this brooch I see nothing of aforementioned symbolism, at most I can see a stylised Soera from the Coran...

Just my 2 cents,

Lucius

P.S. Gaston en dmv, hopelijk kunnen jullie deze discussie weer op het goede spoor brengen! Gaston and dmv, I hope you can get this thread back on the right track! Gaston, I must also thank you for your gentleman-like approach in this otherwise painful discussion...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X