Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question about these plaques. On my plaque above where it has MAHNMAL MUNCHEN there are the words UND IHR HABT DOCH GESIEG, some plaques have these extra words and some are with out them, can anyone tell me the meaning of the extra inscription? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Regards,
    Michael H.
    Attached Files

Comment

And yet you have conquered.
      The same words that are are on the BO.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
        And yet you have conquered.
        The same words that are are on the BO.
        Thank you Erich. When I used google translator it said you won, then another try it said love. Anyway why do some have it and some don't have it? Maybe different makers?
        Regards,
        Michael H.

Comment

"...why do some have [the BO inscription words] and some don't have it?"

Exactly my question too, Michael! I guess I've never noticed this difference between Putsch Memorial plaques before -- probably because I could never afford to even think about bidding on one!

Br. James

Comment

The 9 Nov 1923 is also missing on the other plaque. Some interesting observations.

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
              The 9 Nov 1923 is also missing on the other plaque. Some interesting observations.

Mil
              Mil, good eye .... I didn't notice that either.
              Regards,
              Michael H.

Comment

"...why do some have [the BO inscription words] and some don't have it?"

Exactly my question too, Michael! I guess I've never noticed this difference between Putsch Memorial plaques before -- probably because I could never afford to even think about bidding on one!

Br. James
                Good observation guys, my guess is that the version with the inscription is the earlier of the two versions- and in the later version, the inscription was left off to simplify manufacturing- I have no issue with both versions being period- unlike the other Feldenhalle plaque that appears both with and without the swaz on the flag -surely the one without the swaz is post-war (despite the cap-eagle being added on this one) as noted previously by Mark Scullin......

Cheers,
                Michael
                Attached Files

Comment

Another variation-my Feldherrnhalle plaque (with swastika) has "HERR MACH UNS FREI!" along the inner edge of the center arch.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Hello Erich,

Could you please post a photo for us?

Mil

Comment

just noticed that the Uniforms of the NSDAP website has one of these...

the Nürnberg tag on the bottom is a killer detail...

Price on Request...

how often do these come around, once every couple of years?

Comment

The most minty example that I’ve ever seen.

Comment

That one has a silvered finish which is also unique--I've only seen the usual bronze finish in the past.
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                            That one has a silvered finish which is also unique--I've only seen the usual bronze finish in the past.
                            Erich
                            I noticed that too.

Comment

What a fabulous piece this is -- it would look GREAT in my collection! But in terms of the "POR," I would be ashamed to call Jeff Clark and ask him how much he wants for this piece!! It's probably like what they say about the Rolls Royce: "If you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it!" My loss!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                                What a fabulous piece this is -- it would look GREAT in my collection! But in terms of the "POR," I would be ashamed to call Jeff Clark and ask him how much he wants for this piece!! It's probably like what they say about the Rolls Royce: "If you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it!" My loss!

Br. James
                                I feel exactly the same way
                                If you're going to make a run on one of these, this is the one!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X