X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys.
    I was asked in the photo section if I could repost this

This is an original agfacolor german photo slide showing the Honour Temple in Munich.

One of the best and sharpest color slides of this building in my photo collection.
    Hope you like it.

Ian

Comment

Very nice - Thanks for posting, Ian.

Mil

Comment

Super! Thanks!
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Very much! Thanks, Ian.

Br. James

Comment

Another scarce piece of Putsch Kitsch:

Comment

A wonderful piece, Michael...one that I've never seen before! Very interesting that the inscription differs from the classical Blood Order medal: this one is "And yet you have won," while the BO states: "And you won after all."

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Ian, thanks for posting the shot. It shows the ceiling of the temple very nicely.

Comment

Tom

Comment

This is a "plaque," Michael? What is it's diameter, and how was it designed to be displayed? The representation is certainly not that of the Feldherrnhalle on the Odeonsplatz; I wonder if the building is supposed to be a part of the Bavarian War Ministry, which was occupied by Röhm and his forces of the SA and the Reichskriegsflagge? Quite an interesting and rare piece!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                      This is a "plaque," Michael? What is it's diameter, and how was it designed to be displayed? The representation is certainly not that of the Feldherrnhalle on the Odeonsplatz; I wonder if the building is supposed to be a part of the Bavarian War Ministry, which was occupied by Röhm and his forces of the SA and the Reichskriegsflagge? Quite an interesting and rare piece!

Br. James
                      It looks like a non portable large coin size plaque. Could the building be the Ehrentempel?

Comment

Interesting piece. Any history behind this piece, Michael?

Mil

Comment

A good thought, Erich...but the Ehrentempel had a flat roof and square columns, opposite to the design on this piece.

Br. James

Comment

mahnmal

br. james, I am nmbbob I have a kiosk at north myrtle beach flea market I have a lot of genuine reich badges, medals, weapons, etc. I also have a mahnmal original that was brought back from munich 1946. It was in the estate of an army major who recently passed. This was sold at a yard sale along with some other items. this major was a captain in corp of engineers at that time (1946). I am also trying to reach butch gooch to verify this item to be genuine. bdshartzer@hotmail.com or 540-392-0889

Comment

Hi nmbbob,

Thanks for your note; how can I help you?

Hope you're enjoying a beautiful holiday down on Myrtle Beach!

Br. James

Comment

Perhaps you could post the Mahnmal piece?

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X