Clear All

Thanks for the heads up, Michael.
    That is a very nice plaque!

Mil

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Michael.
      That is a very nice plaque!

Mil
      Hi Mil, I agree, these are very scarce and this one seems to have a lot of original silver finish left on it- nice find Michael, I note it's the version without the date, (picture courtesy John T).

Cheers,
      Michael
      Attached Files

Comment

This is the one with the date, and the text inscription.

Interesting fact: there is a nail being driven through the eye's of the eagle. Mine has this. Does yours?
        Picture courtesy: Michael H. (rlimike) post 764.

Comment

Originally posted by mloppkit View Post
          Hi Mil, I agree, these are very scarce and this one seems to have a lot of original silver finish left on it- nice find Michael, I note it's the version without the date, (picture courtesy John T).

Cheers,
          Michael
          Is it on Germanwarbooty? I believe he has 2 sites.

Gary B
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Yes, I believe two sites are operated by John.

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Gary B View Post
              Is it on Germanwarbooty? I believe he has 2 sites.

Gary B
              It was on his new website , but it has sold.
              Regards,
              Michael H.

Comment

That was quick! Indeed sold!

Mil

Comment

Thanks....I found it on his new site. Minty piece!

Gary B

Comment

Great thread!

I post this here for your interest, the back of the Krupp Table given to AH on his 50th birthday.

The back was, to quote:
                    The removable cast iron plaque (26 x 18.5 cm, weight 4,1 kg) in the middle of the table (lost). On the pictures above the plaque is laying upsite down.
                    The plaque depicts the Feldherrnhalle and it is engraved with the text ‘Ich aber beschloss, Politiker zu werden’ (‘However, I decided to become a politician’), which is the last sentence of chapter 7 of Mein Kampf. To allow the plaque to be lifted, there are two lion-shaped handles attached to it, which are copies of the lions in front of the Feldherrnhalle. A text on the back of the plaque reads, ‘Dem Führer zum Vollendung seines 50. Lebensjahres von der Kruppschen Gefolgschaft in Dankbarkeit für die Sicherung deutscher Arbeitsmöglichkeiten und in stolz auf die deutsche Arbeitsleistung’ (To the Führer for his 50th birthday from the Kruppschen Gefolgschaft to thank him for the creation of German jobs and for being proud of the German labour force). Signed: Krupp Bohlen Halbach.
                    Attached Files

Comment

And here is a link to the full detail on the Krupp Tisch rarity -
                      https://germanartgallery.eu/erich-ku...-table-relief/

This posted,
                      I would love to buy one of those of the type for sale from John T, one of my favorite dealers! Quite beautiful.
                      Anyone have one they want to sell trade?!

Comment

Originally posted by Volksturmer View Post
                        Great thread!

I post this here for your interest, the back of the Krupp Table given to AH on his 50th birthday.

The back was, to quote:
                        The removable cast iron plaque (26 x 18.5 cm, weight 4,1 kg) in the middle of the table (lost). On the pictures above the plaque is laying upsite down.
                        The plaque depicts the Feldherrnhalle and it is engraved with the text ‘Ich aber beschloss, Politiker zu werden’ (‘However, I decided to become a politician’), which is the last sentence of chapter 7 of Mein Kampf. To allow the plaque to be lifted, there are two lion-shaped handles attached to it, which are copies of the lions in front of the Feldherrnhalle. A text on the back of the plaque reads, ‘Dem Führer zum Vollendung seines 50. Lebensjahres von der Kruppschen Gefolgschaft in Dankbarkeit für die Sicherung deutscher Arbeitsmöglichkeiten und in stolz auf die deutsche Arbeitsleistung’ (To the Führer for his 50th birthday from the Kruppschen Gefolgschaft to thank him for the creation of German jobs and for being proud of the German labour force). Signed: Krupp Bohlen Halbach.
                        A very cool table.

Comment

Interesting, thanks for posting.

Gary B

Comment

Yes, "a very cool table," though I wonder why the lions depicted on this 1939 gift to Hitler for his 50th birthday are so different than the two lions flanking the staircase to the Feldherrnhalle in Munich? The two lions at the Feldherrnhalle are active and aggressive -- they are standing and striding forward -- while the two lions represented on this table are quite different; they are reclining and at rest. Did this indicate that the Krupps felt, after the Party's "victory of 1923," that Hitler had taken a rest in 1939 when he should have been working even harder to prepare for the coming battles? I wonder.....??

Thanks very much for this, John; I hadn't seen it before.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                              Yes, "a very cool table," though I wonder why the lions depicted on this 1939 gift to Hitler for his 50th birthday are so different than the two lions flanking the staircase to the Feldherrnhalle in Munich? The two lions at the Feldherrnhalle are active and aggressive -- they are standing and striding forward -- while the two lions represented on this table are quite different; they are reclining and at rest. Did this indicate that the Krupps felt, after the Party's "victory of 1923," that Hitler had taken a rest in 1939 when he should have been working even harder to prepare for the coming battles? I wonder.....??

Thanks very much for this, John; I hadn't seen it before.

Br. James
                              That was exactly my observations as well - I personally don't like the plaque, the stylization of the Feldherrnhalle, the Lions, text, etc. JMO.

Mil

Comment

Thanks, Mil...glad you see my point!

Stay safe, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X