X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesT View Post
    Gentlemen

I came across this Jagdaufseher badge recently. I have never seen one mounted on cloth before. What do you think - fantasy or a nice variant?

Many thanks for your comments

James

Bump!

No one has an opinion to give on this one?

I saw it for sale I was suspicious of it, but the pictures were soft and didn't show a lot of detail, so is it a bad badge or was it just badly photographed?

Comment

Hi Steve,

well, I saw this badge also - and i wasn't sure if OK or not. It looks good, although I never saw before such a badge (aluminium?) mounted on a piece of cloth.

But meanwhile, I'm quiete sure it's ...... questionable, to say the least. Check out this:

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...C3%A4gerschaft

Well, not only the same style (but of poorer quality), but with the same number!!! We should have the number "9197" in mind in the future....

Regards

Martin

Comment

Same number !!! that is very interesting. Well spotted Martin. There must be a whole bunch of them floating about then. Shame

Thanks for your comments folks

James

Originally posted by sauerfan View Post
        Hi Steve,

well, I saw this badge also - and i wasn't sure if OK or not. It looks good, although I never saw before such a badge (aluminium?) mounted on a piece of cloth.

But meanwhile, I'm quiete sure it's ...... questionable, to say the least. Check out this:

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...C3%A4gerschaft

Well, not only the same style (but of poorer quality), but with the same number!!! We should have the number "9197" in mind in the future....

Regards

Martin
        Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
        Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
        Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

Another Jagdaufseher badge with the number 9197:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/super-Seltene...item33717df79a

Regards

Martin

Comment

Does it look like the eBay linked example posted by Martin (pictures below) now reflects a possible RZM marking on the attachment pad of the pin?
            Attached Files
            Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Dave,

yes, it looks like a RZM logo.

Here's the next #9197:

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...ufseher-shield

At least, the seller (from Poland) offers it as a copy.

Regards

Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the confirmation. I kept blinking and looking again but it continued to appear like an RZM mark. Little added effort to further deceive on this one. A shame these repros are flooding out in the market but at least they not like the real thing.

Regards,

Dave

Just noticed, the eBay listed exmaple sold for $60 Like that old saying, when the deal seems a little to good to be true...
                Last edited by Dave Cameron; 02-11-2012, 04:52 PM.
                Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Gentlemen,

my newest addition:

That’s a „Tagesjagdschein“ of the State of Prussia, as used from April 01, 1934 until March 31, 1935. I knew, such a Prussian hunting license with swastikas existed – but it’s the first time, I saw one.

Here’s a comparison between the “Tagesjagdschein” of Prussia as used between 1930 and 1933 (color is a very light yellow or ivory), the one of 1934/35 (color is light orange) and the first variation of the III. Reich Tagesjagdschein of 1935/36.

Regards

Martin

Comment

V.Nice

Comment

Martin, congrats on another excellent addition I for one certainly appreciate your informative posts and the comparative studies. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and collection with us!

Comment

Martin,

Yes, thank you for continuing to add new examples and comparisons for us to learn from.

Comment

Hello all,

Here's a cased one that I picked up recently.

Looks like somebody took an acorn or two to the front of this thing!

William Kramer
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by all1knew; 02-29-2012, 03:25 PM.
                          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Dave said I should post the little bit of hunting that I have. My camera isn't as good as most, so I hope you can see and enjoy.

Jim

DSCF1573.jpgDSCF1572.jpg

Comment

more

DSCF1574.jpgDSCF1576.jpg

Comment

and more

DSCF1577.jpgDSCF1578.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X