• Show
Clear All

Last piece of this grouping
    Attached Files

Comment

Great stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Saufaenger kid View Post
        Martin, Thank you very much for helping out and I'm glad I have something new for you to look for. Here is another group, I think perhaps these are Austrian but still interesting I think and well worth a viewing, all to the same guy, a Peter Hofer. A shame the picture is missing

Many Thanks

Gary
        Hi Gary,

You make me envy… this is a kind of a hunting license I did not mention yet:

It’s a Bezirks-Jagdschein (county hunting license), which only was issued in former Austria and in the Sudetenland. When Austria was occupied in 1938, the Austrian hunting laws partially were incorporated in the German Hunting Law. In Austria, there was a possibility to have a hunting license valid only for a certain region/area. Only for former Austria (“Ostmark” after 1938) and for the Sudetenland these special hunting licenses were issued – not in the “rest” of Germany. So, this license is quiet rare and still missing in my collection. Color is green – like a hunting license for falconers.

Regards

Martin

Comment

Martin

Not that it helps much but it's more by luck than judgement that I have these things, as you know I'm more of a medals,badges and hirschfänger collector, I bought these two groupings because they were groupings and not individual licences.

Thanks for your help

Gary

Comment

Gary,

The groupings you have posted are most impressive and a real treat to view, especially in light of the new variations you posted that Martin has mentioned above but that Bezirks-Jagdschein is amazing! Groupings like this, I have not seen before and thank you for sharing!

Hmmm, was I ever mistaken thinking this was going to be an easier field to study and collect variations of! The Bezirks-Jagdschein was a bit of a surprise, are there more scarce variations you haven't told us about yet Martin???
            Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cameron View Post
              The Bezirks-Jagdschein was a bit of a surprise, are there more scarce variations you haven't told us about yet Martin???
              Hi Dave,

Have you seen already my post #143 here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...234363&page=10

?

Regards

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by sauerfan View Post
                Hi Dave,

Have you seen already my post #143 here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...234363&page=10

?

Regards

Martin
                Sure have Martin! Some very interesting Wehrmacht hunting licenses and it was rather interesting to read and learn about the A & B variants for game to be hunted!

Hmmm, I do like numbers and I found your statistically data on hunting licenses most fascinating. At 0.14% to 0.26% of total licenses, no wonders foreigner's licenses are scarce!

Your informative contributions are greatly appreciated
                Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Here's a nice badge I bought a couple of years ago, a badge I believe for members of the DJ looking after sick animals.
                  I've only seen a couple others of this type, I'd like to here a few the thoughts of you guys.

Gary
                  Attached Files

Comment

Rear pin
                    Attached Files

Comment

Pictured next to a standard membership badge
                      Attached Files

Comment

I picked up these DJ badges from a vet years ago

Hi folks

I picked up these DJ badges from a vet years ago. The enamel one appears to be self explanatory but is it common? Sadly a small dink at the 1200 position. The other one I don't know anything about. I have worn it on my hunting hat for many years. Can anyone tell me what it is?

many thanks James
                        Attached Files
                        Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
                        Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
                        Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

a better pic of the emnamel
                          Attached Files
                          Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

and the backs. I'd love to know more about each.
                            Attached Files

Comment

James,

Sorry to say it, although that enamel green/white enamel badge is a common and well known fantasy piece. They are frequently found on ePier, gunbroker, etc. I also have one that came from someone that was thinking of doing a nice favor for me. Anyhow, from what I remember w/o my notes is that DJ term is a Reich creation and the use of the date 1888 predates the term "Deutsche Jagerschaft" that was officially began it use in 1934. Prior to 1934, the largest hunting organization in Germany was the ADJV.

Comment

Dj horn

Hi Dave: Have not used this site much so hope I dont screw this post up!
                                I purchased a D.J. Hunting Horn from the widow of a WW2 U.S. Army Col.
                                who allegedly removed same from one of Herman Gorings mountain retreats.
                                It is a beautiful horn with oakleaf scroll around the bottom and the DJ Emblem
                                centered on the front. It is also wrapped in dark blu/green leather and has a
                                brown leather hanger marked with assermann on the buckle/snap. It has
                                every bit of 70 years of petina on it. Can you gestimate what the value of this
                                item might be? I would post a photo of the horn but I still have not figured out
                                how to do that successfully on this site as of yet! Thanks.....

Regards, Jules....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X