X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Post

Gentlemen,

for your viewing pleasure:

The second piece of the Third Reich´s 1st version belonging to a farmer from a nearby town, now residing in my collection. Interesting uniform. I take it for a post uniform. Maybe some of you more experienced gentlemen would be glad to help...
    The license came along with his daughter´s first teeth in an envelope, 2 postcards announcing the birth of his daughter, a bill from the Schleswig-Holstein Insurance-institution (dated 1911). All in a cardboard envelope stating "Weihnachtsgruss". Aquired through an antique store in Lower Saxony.

First pic shows the front, second the inside.

Translation of the letter on the inside:

"While exercising the hunt a proper dog for hunting has to be taken with."

Enjoy,

Kimb.
    Attached Files

Comment

Kimb., excellent example with an interesting added letter inside

Martin, congrats on the Category B Wehrmacht Hunting License. A very nice and rare addition. Also, thanks for the explination of restrictions.

Glad to see both of you are finding some rare hunting items to add toy our collections. It's been absolutely uneventful on my end of collecting.
      Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Hi Kimbrian,

most interesting hunting license. As far as the photo is concerned: no idea, what the uniform is. Stahlhelm maybe? I don't think it's a postal service uniform, because his profession is "Landwirt" (farmer).

Regarding the duty to be accompanied by a hound while hunting: I never saw a restriction like this. Most unusual!

Congratulations and thanks for showing!

Regards

Martin
          P.S: PM sent

Comment

Hello gentlemen,

it´s always nice to contribute something when it´s truly appreciated.

@sauerfan:

I agree, never heard of a modification like this before, too. But it makes sense. Irony wanted it that I had this very Jagdschein in my letterbox the day after I missed an Enok with my silenced .22lfB using subsonic ammunition. The Enok heard the silencer´s sound and turned around, litteraly dodging the subsonic bullet. After the bullet hit the ground beside him he ran away, leaving me standing, totally shocked. I had to call my Jagdherr next morning to go with the dogs after the animal. Fortunately my worst expectations did not come true: I did not wound him. I went home thinking "Jagd ohne Hund ist Schund!" over and over again just to find this Jagdschein in my letterbox. Fate strikes hard.

Thanks for your estimation regarding the uniform. I was thinking similiar about the "farmer" and the "postage man". Maybe he was in post-service a time agon? But that would be rather unusual, too I admit.

P.S: PM on the way

Regards,

Kimb.

Comment

Double Post

Gentlemen,

the world is turning fast these days. 4 long years ago I decided to be a gunsmith and finally I´ll fly to Ferlach, Austria tomorrow to beginn the apprenticeship.

The farewellparty was held at a local shooting range, where my "gnarly" hunting pal gave me this D.J. Hutnadel once belonging to his grandfather. So, on behalf of his grandmother I´ll show you this very Hutnadel before I disappear into the Alps for a while.

All the best from the farest North of Germany (for now),

Kimb.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Kimbrian; 09-10-2010, 06:25 AM. Reason: horrible spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Kimbrian View Post
                Gentlemen,

the world is turning fast these days. 4 long years ago I decided to be a gunsmith and finally I´ll fly to Ferlach, Austria tomorrow to beginn the apprenticeship.

The farewellparty was held at a local shooting range, where my "gnarly" hunting pal gave me this D.J. Hutnadel once belonging to his grandfather. So, on behalf of his grandmother I´ll show you this very Hutnadel before I disappear into the Alps for a while.

All the best from the farest North of Germany (for now),

Kimb.
                Kimb.,

Can I go with you, pleeeaase??? A quick Google images search results in beautiful scenery and apparently a very well know area that has produced lots of fine firearms.

Excellent parting gift you received, which is more than a hat pin, it's a badge and fine example in the heavy silver! These are absolutely fantastic pieces and underappreciated by collectors.

Good luck to you, enjoy and we'll be looking forward to your future postings.

Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Kimbrian CONGRATS !

Kimbrian CONGRATS !

Gunsmithing is one of the almost lost arts & you are to be Congratulated for both
                  choosing this Profession - & - in being accepted as an Apprentice! Good Going!

I have always enjoyed seeing & examining the FERLACH Guns at the annual SCI
                  Convention, when I was able to attend. Unfortunately, I've never shot one.

In honor of your fine achievement, here is a FERLACH Catalog from 1946. It seems
                  that fine guns were still being made in post war Austria. I found it at:

http://www.gunsinternational.com

All the Best Wishes & keep us posted regarding your gunsmithing projects & your
                  progress in this very special Profession! ...Best, Dave / dblmed
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much!

Dave Cameron
                    You are free to accompany me, of course! I can always use the company of experienced and civil minded collectors :-) Also, thanks for you comments on the badge. I really appreciate both it and the words.

dblmed
                    Ah! That´s a fine cover for a catalogue. Nice website, also. And let me tell you: Fine guns are still made in Ferlach ;-)

Hopefully, I´ll be able to post again in a few hours for the connection to the net ist still very limited in my "student´s cave". Anyway, thank you all for this very forum, the coversations, commetns and so on! See you around!!!!

All the very best from "between the packed suitcases",

a very happy Jonas aka. "Kimbrian."

Comment

Badges of the deutsche Jägerschaft

Hello to all,
                      I wish to be able to make comparisons of badges of the DJ further to the purchase of two badges of this organization, to see :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...59#post4231259

If you possess a badge of this organization or if you possess images of this badge, you can take advantage of it the forum. Beforehand thank you.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Comment

Taschen-Jagdhorn der Deutschen Jaegerschaft

I am pleased to be able to post pictures of this latest acquisition: a so-called "pocket horn" as used by members of the German Hunting Association - in the case of this example - during the Third Reich. There are other examples posted earlier in this thread, but I wanted to show mine here as well. The measurements of this relatively small horn are approximately 19.5 cm. or 7-3/4 inches across.

Thanks for looking.

John
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by jwburchell; 10-17-2010, 09:17 PM.

Comment

More views:
                          Attached Files

Comment

I finally took the time to go through this whole thread. There really are some great items here. I won't bore you with a picture of my membership badge but I do have something that I did not see here.

Some postcards put out by the Deutsche Jaegerschaft organization. I'm not sure how many are in the series but my highest numbered one is 16. I am missing 1, 2, 5, 10, 11 + 13. If anyone can tell me how many cards are in the series and/or can help me complete the set it would be appreciated.

Here are just 2 of the cards. If you find them interesting enough I can post the others as well.

Curt
                            Attached Files

Comment

Gentlemen,

thank you for sharing these nice pictures; a real eye-candy these days where my collection is stored 1500 kilometers away from me.

A very nice hunting hunting horn, jwburchell!

All the best from the gunsmith city,

Kimb.

Comment

Just had these out to play with since the bronze was recently added! Two looks with different silver examples.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X