Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the effort, Mike.
    I'm getting similar results though. The noise is caused by the structure of the photo-paper (meaning it's not because of a crappy scanner ).
    I've seen tutorials where specific noise programmes are recommended, but I'm not overwhelmed to install another application (if photoshop isn't able to do the job,....)

Cheers,
    Laurens

Comment

Originally posted by Mike H View Post
      Good job, unfortunately with the level of "Noise" posted on the original, unless you have a very high resolution image and plenty of patience with the clone tool, you can't elimate it completely

regards

Alex

Comment

Thanks guys, learned my lesson here...
        Now back to colorized photos

Laurens

Comment

Some very nice colorizations. Congratulations to all contributors.
          Here's a recent one. Photo taken at the Hohne-Bergen Kaserne in the 1930's.

Cheers
          Larry
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
            Some very nice colorizations. Congratulations to all contributors.
            Here's a recent one. Photo taken at the Hohne-Bergen Kaserne in the 1930's.

Cheers
            Larry
            I agree some very nice work, particularly like your attention to the background Brickwork and building detail

Regards

Alex

Comment

Just thought I would take one of my earlier ones and age it, with some old colour shift as happens with old colour photo's just for fun

Alex

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aged2dt1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dmytro View Post
                I agree some very nice work, particularly like your attention to the background Brickwork and building detail

Regards

Alex
                Thanks Alex

I had a little help with this one.

Here's a pic from the excellent site www.forgottenhistory.co.uk showing the exact same location some 70 years later. I have put my colorized pic beside it.

Cheers
                Larry
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
                  Thanks Alex

I had a little help with this one.

Here's a pic from the excellent site www.forgottenhistory.co.uk showing the exact same location some 70 years later. I have put my colorized pic beside it.

Cheers
                  Larry
                  Unbelievably lucky to be able to match an original with the present day, can't beat that for authenticity! nice photo

regards

Alex

Comment

In regards to the photographic paper causing a "texture" when scanned, try rotating the photograph 90 degrees from where you originally placed it on the scanner bed. Sometimes the light from the scanner will hit the photograph at a different angle and the "texture" of the paper will not show as badly.

Comment

Originally posted by dmytro View Post
                      Unbelievably lucky to be able to match an original with the present day, can't beat that for authenticity! nice photo

regards

Alex
                      Ghosts from the past

Alex

http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?image=collageaf1.jpg

Ok it's not brilliant, just a quickie

regards

Alex

Comment

very nice artistic fun

I too have been doing the hand colouring for a few years now. I enjoy the subtle challanges of different pictures. I think you have to have not just a military eye, like with uniform colours and such, but also an artistic skill.

colourising brings these images to life! here are a few of my efforts:

Comment

it's nice to subtly put in the different shades of cloth.........

Comment

another with a lot of different shadings and textures.:

Comment

a simple portrait:

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer View Post
                                a simple portrait:
                                Excellent work, well done

regards

Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 30 users online. 0 members and 30 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X