Comment

Heres one I just did--- Panzer Regiment 1
        Attached Files

Comment

My first attempt

Comment

Originally posted by SSausas View Post
            My first attempt

Very nice job on a not often seen tunic and tab in wear SSausas!

12th Panzer what can I say, superb job on the Panzermen!

Kevin

Comment

Thought I'd take a shot at the Kurt Schafer photo myself, just for the fun of it.

I used Kodak's ROC Professional 2.0 plug-in, followed by some Alien Skin Image Doctor 2 to go after those scratches.

By the way, Larrister's project on the Flak NCO is awesome.

...thought I'd add a bit of color to those cheeks. I should have been a mortician!
              Last edited by randy@treadways; 01-03-2012, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Awesome guys! Like Kevin said.....great 1st shot SSausas!

Randy, you surely improved my attempt at the Schafer pic! Great job. Im interested in looking into the "Alien Skin Doctor" software you speak of. Looks like it worked wonders.
                P.S.- Thanks for doing the background too.....I got a bit lazy and skipped the background on the Schafer pic.

Comment

Here is one I just did. The KM man's face is pale, no matter what color I tried!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wonderful colorizations Guys.

One little trick for those who use PS is to use the "Auto Levels" tool on the finished colorization.

The "Auto Levels" tool will find a balance between the colors, contrast/brightness sharpness etc.

Here's Bill's colorization using the "Auto Levels" tool.

Larry
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
                      Thanks very much Guys for the compliments and good information.
                      Kevin is right about the red tabs and piping. I have altered the color to match the tabs in Kevin's post.

The numbered cyphers on his shoulder tabs is either "83 or "89."
                      As Flak Rgt. 83 was stationed in Norway would he have qualified for the Ost Medal as shown on his ribbon bar?

Here is the altered photo. The color change in the red is subtle but looks much more accurate in my opinion. Please suggest any other changes as this help me to make more accurate colorizations.

Larry

Oh Larry that is SUPERB ! You guys on here are so damn talented I really enjoy this thread it's one of the best on WAF Someone coloured one of my blood order winners photo I have and I'm including it in my book, these images coloured inject some real colour and life in the the portraits

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                        Oh Larry that is SUPERB ! You guys on here are so damn talented I really enjoy this thread it's one of the best on WAF Someone coloured one of my blood order winners photo I have and I'm including it in my book, these images coloured inject some real colour and life in the the portraits
                        So true Jon, there is talent galore oozing from this thread, I check it daily for updates as I am hooked on the work!
                        If I were writing a book I for sure would be in touch with a few of the artists here to do some work for me!
                        Best Regards!

Kevin

Comment

hi guys,
                          here is one of KC Herr Ludwig Kepplinger of Wiking Pz Dv
                          Attached Files

Comment

early pic of KC Siegfried Freyer of Pz Reg 24
                            Attached Files

Comment

snapshot of Sava Ivanov, bulgarian admiral

kind regards,
                              Matteus

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
                                Heres one I just did--- Panzer Regiment 1
                                Hey buddy your colorizing is fantastic. I love this portrait especially.

-Bryant

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X