Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

colour comp

Well this shows you how we all perceive colour in general and what we think the photo should be like, " ha " back to school for us all.<O></O>

I visit this site every couple of days due to the vast knowledge of its members and the topics that follow in fact I have been a new so called member since 2003 and have yet to hit double figures for posting lol <O></O>

"Closed mouth catches no flies"
    Now I think its time to dust the cobwebs off the wallet and contribute.<O></O>

Mark
    Last edited by Bismarck; 05-04-2005, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone,

first I have to say this competition was the invention of Ian, and I just offered a competition material. Thank you Ian for proposing this! This has been a very interesting learning experience I believe.

I appreciate every participant for their braveness of risking being criticized. For this I would like to send you something little, please PM me your postal address, if you don't mind.

Ok, a few words for each entry...

Mark from New Zealand: overall a nice colorization, much better than period works. Now you know the color of side strips of general/general staff officer trousers, they were really prominent!

Ian: as a serious student of art, your Photoshop skill is top! And the colors are mostly correct, I had expected it because you are a owner of a lot of period color slides. Just the GSO's piping color was not red, and the GFM's buttons should be gold (more yellowish).

Larrister: I like your uniform colors very much. Just the side strips of GSO is missing (which was carmine compared to General's Hochrot red). The original muddy ground is monotonous, but your picture looks also convincing. General's pennant is most realistically colored.

Mike: also a very nice try, I should have give you some hints about the season. There are many good pictures of various uniforms in our forums, so please study them for next competition!

Gesetz: color is a bit too vivant , but overall very nice, only the penannt and GSO trouser side strips needs some fix.

Thank you for participating and I hope readers also enjoyed this!

Comment

BRILLIANT!!!!!
        Later this evening im going to sit down for a hour and put up a more advanced tutorial for all you guys to enjoy and try out.
        Again this has been the most fun iv had on the net in a long time, thanks guys for everything and cant wait for the next competition, "Modernist Body Painting, we all sit beside the Rhine with buckets of red paint and try and create the best hitler montage with our booms on the grass?"
        Ian

Comment

my work

Just thought you guys might get a kick out of this, im designing the 3 dimensional mechanical manufacturing drawings for a new product at the moment and have just finished one 1X1 component.
          Took a screen shot of it and here it is.
          For any that is Interested, Im just finishing by third year and am receiving my Degree in Industrial Design this summer< Yippeeee

I know its not a colorizatiion but thought you guys might like to see?
          Ian

Last edited by atomicmisfit; 05-05-2005, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Ian, it goes to show just how computers assist us in everyday life...

Akira nice gesture! Man I thought the uniforms were pretty good in my scan... . wax on wax off... Will work on it

Comment

Can i ask? is there any way i can post up the full proper photoshop file for this competiton that i did on the net somewhere, Iv broken the image into all its assential parts and if it was able to be downloadable, everyone could practise from what iv done.

I thought it could be a cool idea but i dont have clue how i can put it up for download. Its about 7 megs in size.

All the Best.
              Ian

Comment

Akira Rocks!!!!

I just want to say to everyone that yesterday morning i went into Collage for the very last time this year, I walked out with the knowledge that i had earned my B.A. Degree in Industrial Design and for that i was incredibly happy.
                So as such i went home, to find a very well parceled envelop from Japan.

Inside as Akira had promised, was a beautiful period photo and a glossy colour photo of one of Akira color slides.

This demonstrated something to me, that Akira is one the finest and proudest people anyone would ever be lucky enough to know or have as a friend.

Thank you for everyhting.

Ian

Comment

Last edited by Katsumasa; 05-20-2005, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Katsumasa, I love that lower photo, could you post the black and white image as well please
                    Matt

Comment

;
                      Last edited by Katsumasa; 06-05-2005, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Heh!

After a long time I finally "finished" another photo... There are still some things to imrpove (the BFC shield for example) but I think you can see it anyway:
                        (the original: http://members.aol.com/sturmpnzr/gra...chinBerry2.jpg)

Hope you like it!

Best Regards, David

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

Thanks buddy...

The next photo is already in "production"... it's a Heeres Panzer officer in a M44 uniform... quite interesting!

Comment

;
                              Last edited by Katsumasa; 06-05-2005, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Not colourising, more like reconstituting...just wondering if any of you wizards good work an approximation of what Willy Ziplinski looked like befor he got soaked in water & disintegrated.

Seems to work best when viewed as a small photo.....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 72 users online. 0 members and 72 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X