No announcement yet.

Show us your German POW photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apr10 - POW in France....notice the wear of a M44 & two Panzer wraps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
      Apr10 - POW in France....notice the wear of a M44 & two Panzer wraps.

Nice Picture Bill

Grüße

Stefan

Comment

May10 - POW in France? I picked this one up as being a POW photo but no quite sure. Many decorations and breast eagles present. One FJ wearing his badge and Krim Shield and there is a Hauptfeldwebel wearing a DK in Gold.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
          May10 - POW in France? I picked this one up as being a POW photo but no quite sure. Many decorations and breast eagles present. One FJ wearing his badge and Krim Shield and there is a Hauptfeldwebel wearing a DK in Gold.
          Thats a great photo: thanks for posting it

Do you have many with guys wearing de-nazified awards in the photo?

I have seen a couple in this thread I believe. they were very interesting

cheers

dave

Comment

Hello Dave,

Not too many photos around showing de-Nazified awards and yes I did post some on this thread.

May10 - POW Camp 103 Great Britain O.gefr. Ludwig Reuber. Interesting in that some of the POW's have sewn insignia on British Battle Dress. One POW is wearing a AfrikaKorps CT.

Bill

Originally posted by DaveNZ View Post
            Thats a great photo: thanks for posting it

Do you have many with guys wearing de-nazified awards in the photo?

I have seen a couple in this thread I believe. they were very interesting

cheers

dave
            Attached Files

Comment

May10 - POW Pic #1 - somewhere in France
              Attached Files

Comment

May10 - POW Pic #2
                Attached Files

Comment

May10 - POW Pic #3
                  Attached Files

Comment

May10 - POW Portrait USA
                    Attached Files

Comment

May10 - Very large DAK POW Group Portrait at Camp Bowie, Texas
                      Attached Files

Comment

May10 - GI taken photo of two POW's on a work detail
                        Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone help me find pictures or information on German POWs that were at Pine Camp, NY?

Thanks,

Kevin

Comment

Kevin,

Have you searched the websites for information on POW Camps? I don't recall any photos of Pine Camp NY on my thread and I also did a search with no results.

Here is a link to Fort Drum that has some information on Pine Camp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Drum there is a lot more information out there so you really need to do a search of the web.....just tap it out on your keyboard.

Bill

Originally posted by kevinm1200 View Post
                            Can anyone help me find pictures or information on German POWs that were at Pine Camp, NY?

Thanks,

Kevin
                            Last edited by W Petz; 05-14-2010, 03:50 AM.

Comment

I volunteer at the Ft. Drum Museum and we have some of the basic information, know about where the POW camp was, and know where the Italian and German POWs are buried that died during their internment but we have no Pictures of the POWs or any artifacts.

Comment

Kevin,

Couldn't the Ft Drum Museum tap into the National Archives where there is allot of photos available to museums. One seller on ebay has done so and sells some really nice pics...it just takes some time and effort to search. I also gather that Pine Camp wasn't a major POW Camp and well known unlike some of the bigger camps down in Texas & Lousiana that housed many POW's captured in Africa.

May10 - HG DAK POW #1

Originally posted by kevinm1200 View Post
                                I volunteer at the Ft. Drum Museum and we have some of the basic information, know about where the POW camp was, and know where the Italian and German POWs are buried that died during their internment but we have no Pictures of the POWs or any artifacts.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 17 users online. 0 members and 17 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X