Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - Feb09 - POW USA #2
      Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - Feb09 - POW USA #3
        Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - Feb09 - German POW Gefr Heinz Pohling, 230 GP.W.W.. Stuckenduff Camp, Shandon, Helensburgh-Dumbartonshire Scotland/GB
          Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - Feb09 - German POW Oblt Z.S. Walter Krebs POW Camp 18, Featherstone Park-Camp Haltwhistle/Northumberland GB There is an unknown LW General in the pic marked with X
            Attached Files

Comment

Great photos here. Here is one I have from Camp Ellis in Illinois. Looks like a camp football team.. What I like about this one is the guy in the full tropical uniform wearing a Fak badge.
              Attached Files

Comment

Steve,

Nice photo! I have the same photo in my POW photo collection. I believe you just recently acquired this off Ebay......Congrats and thanks for sharing. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                  Steve,

Nice photo! I have the same photo in my POW photo collection. I believe you just recently acquired this off Ebay......Congrats and thanks for sharing. Bill
                  Thnaks, but I actually got it off of the Estand. It looks like it was removed from an album, and has some writing on the back. Why would there be so many copies floating around? I have one, you have one, one on Ebay. Are they all legit?

Comment

Pows haltwhiste.

Nice pics as usual Bill,behind the General looks very much like
                    SS Obstubaf Max Wuensche.
                    Harmel

Comment

Pow luft general

Hi again,the Luft General is GM Hans Kroh
                      Para officer and holder of the Knights Cross
                      with Oaks and Swords.
                      Harmel

Comment

Steve,

Actually now that you mention it I remember where I saw it and it was on E-Stand and not Ebay. Not all that unusual to see duplicates around considering many of the POW's probably exchanged photos and created their own little albums or added them to their photo album back in Germany. Bill

Originally posted by Steve Campbell View Post
                        Thnaks, but I actually got it off of the Estand. It looks like it was removed from an album, and has some writing on the back. Why would there be so many copies floating around? I have one, you have one, one on Ebay. Are they all legit?

Comment

Harmel,

Many Thanks.....for providing the the information on FJ MG Hans Kroh....I didn't recognize him and this photo is definitely a great addition to my FJ photo & POW collection. Cheers!!!

Do you know for sure whether that is SS Obstubaf Max Wuensche behind MG Kroh???.

Bill

Originally posted by harmel View Post
                          Hi again,the Luft General is GM Hans Kroh
                          Para officer and holder of the Knights Cross
                          with Oaks and Swords.
                          Harmel

Comment

pows etc

Hi Bill,not def on that but a strong resemblance,I actually think next to
                            Kroh (left) is another General but I am away from my files till Sunday.
                            Regards Harmel

Comment

Here is a unique photo of a POW Camp radio/music station
                              Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - Mar09 - POW Camp Swift, TX#1
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X