Show us your German POW photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
    I picked up three portraits of POW Camp 133 Ottawa, Canada at Flonheim this past weekend #1
    Love these POW pictures

what badge is the man wearing, third in on the right, 2nd row?

I particularly like photos that show the POW's wearing badges.

Sometimes they are denazified; sometimes they are not.

cheers

Dave

Comment

Dave,

The soldier with the glasses second row on your right is wearing a Panzer Badge in Bronze. The same soldier is in the next photo but on your left second row wearing the Panzer Badge in Bronze.

Bill

Originally posted by DaveNZ View Post
      Love these POW pictures

what badge is the man wearing, third in on the right, 2nd row?

I particularly like photos that show the POW's wearing badges.

Sometimes they are denazified; sometimes they are not.

cheers

Dave

Comment

Bill

Indeed you are right: thanks

dave

Comment

Dave,

Your welcome! I just received the next two photos in the mail today. First one is a mixture of German POW's in a Camp somewhere in England.
          A mixture of Uniforms mostly wearing British Battledress but some Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine. I see at least three still wearing their badges. Bill
          Attached Files
          Last edited by W Petz; 10-16-2008, 09:43 PM.

Comment

A small Soldbuch size portrait of a KM POW in England.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by W Petz; 10-16-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I've noticed that some German POW's, particularly those in Canada, appear to have brand new looking uniforms. Did the Germans ship over replacement uniforms via the Red Cross or whatever?

Comment

I'm not aware of anything like that taking place...it could be possible but not likely. The appearance of the uniforms being new is probably because many of those POW's in Canada were captured early in the war 1940/41 based on dates on many of the postcards. Bill

Originally posted by Gunbunny View Post
                I've noticed that some German POW's, particularly those in Canada, appear to have brand new looking uniforms. Did the Germans ship over replacement uniforms via the Red Cross or whatever?

Comment

It's been awhile since I posted on this thread but I recently picked up some new POW pics and want to share them.
                  New Arrival - German POW - DEC#01
                  Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - German POW-PG Tunis - DEC#02
                    Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - German POW - DEC#03
                      Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - German POW - DEC#04
                        Attached Files

Comment

On Sunday I was at the Flonheim Militaria show in Germany and I picked up some nice pics. Here are a few Portraits that I just happen to stumble upon towards the end of the show. Two Portraits of Landespolizeigruppe General Goring members......Fritz Schulemann and his brother who were both early members of Hermann Gorings special police unit which later was formed into Regiment General Goring. Fritz later went on to Join the Fallschirmtruppe and made Feldwebel...he was captured and interned at Camp 133 Ottawa, Canada. I have six postcard size photos of him and quite a few other German POW's (Paras, Pilots, U-boat, Flak. etc) that he was in charge of one of the Barracks. One photo I counted 22 jump badges being worn that I could see. I will be posting them shortly.

Flonheim - Jan09 - Landespolizeigruppe General Goring#1 - Fritz Schulemann
                          Attached Files

Comment

Flonheim - Jan09 - Landespolizeigruppe General Goring#2 - His Brother..sorry I don't have a name yet.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Flohheim - Jan09 - FW Fritz Schulemann POW Camp 133 Ottawa, Canada#1
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by W Petz; 01-05-2009, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Flohheim - Jan09 - FW Fritz Schulemann POW Camp 133 Ottawa, Canada#2 - I count at least 18 Jump badges being worn in this portrait...there may be more. u d
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by W Petz; 01-05-2009, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X