Warsaw
    on 7 May 42
    "

Comment

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
        Here you go:

"SS-Obersturmführer Keibl has been with the SS-Anti Aircraft Detachment 7 ever since it was formed.
        K. is an old fighter of the movement [i.e. a Nazi activist since before the assumption of power in 1933] and has been on active war service since 1939. He has participated in the Polish- and the Western Campaign with the Air Force's anti-aircraft artillery. He was wounded on 10 June 40 and after his recovery was transferred to the SS' anti-aircraft artillery. Initially employed as a platoon leader for the 3.7-cm anti-aircraft artillery with SS-Anti-Aircraft Artillery Detachment 7, he has proven himself in an outstanding way both there as well as, subsequently, a range-finding officer and the temporary commander of the Staff Battery of SS-Anti-Aircraft Artillery Detachment 505.
        SS-Obersturmführer Keibl consistently distinguishes himself through great interest, excellent knowledge in the field of anti-aircraft artillery and a very good learning capability. With indefatiguable dilligence, he had always taken care of the training of the men under his command, both in the fields of anti-aircraft artillery as well as political ideology.
        Awarded badges and decorations: Wound Badge in Black on 10 June 40. Iron Cross 2nd Class on 2 July 40. Anti-Aircraft Artillery Combat Badge on 26 January 42.
        Because of his particular achievements in the training and advanced training of the men of the Anti-Aircraft Artillery Detachment, I hold SS-Obersturmführer Keibl to be of worthy of the award of the Silver Medal of the Crown of King Zvonimir 'with Oak Leaves'."
        Perfect!

Many thanks indeed for the reply above. I can assure you that it is much appreciated indeed.

Regards Richard.
        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

I have these two GD related EK citations (one I have had for a while while the other is a new addition) that have the soldiers actions on the back that won him the award. Would someone be able to provide a proper translation of what is typed please? I have used a Google translator in attempting to translate it but it seems to be a bit 'scatty'.
          Attached Files

Comment

The first one says:

"During the defensive engagements near Dubrowka from 2 through 8 August 41, Obergefreiter Hermsdorf had displayed particular courage and bravery by indefatigably repairing the telephone lines to the battalion and the platoons - which partially ran across open ground and kept being destroyed by the enemy's shelling time and time again - to such a degree that the perilous messenger traffic could be restricted to a bare minimum, this in the shortest time possible and while under the enemy's shelling himself "

Comment

The second one:

"Unteroffizier Schröck had particularly distinguished himself during an attack against our field position north of Putras on 19 September 1944.
              During the attack, our field positions were closely observed and put out of action by snipers. Still, regardless of the danger, Sch. had regrouped his group against the attack, which had been launched against the company's left wing, and could decisively intervene in the defensive fighting.
              It is to his credit that the attack ground to a halt and was eventually repelled altogether.
              Sch. was seriously wounded
              ."

Comment

Thank you very much for doing that. It is much appreciated.

Comment

Whould appreciate very much some help with these. The one is the reverse of a postcard (it whould be nice to translate everything written on it) and the other one of a photo showing a destroyed armored train (im pretty sure it says "Destroyed armored train in Kiev" or something allong these lines). Sorry for the 2nd picture being blurry and thanks in advance.

The reverse of the postcard:

and of the photo:

Kind regards,
                  Fotis
                  Last edited by general1900; 04-01-2010, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Hi Fotis!

Feldpost:

"My dear little Jurgen

your daddy sends you his best and heartfelt greetings from Gutersloh. I think of you day and night long, my little sunshine. Heavens permit it, I will be back to you soon. Be always good and well-behaved till I come back to you and mummy and can stay with you. (...?) greetings and kisses to you and to mummy."

and back of photo reads:

"Destroyed russian armoured train near Kiev"

Regards, Giorgos

Comment

"...sein und bleiben kann". - "... stay with you and remain."

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you both fellas your help is most appreciated. I have some other photos of the same man. He served in the Luftwaffe (ground forces) and took part in the offensive at USSR (most of his photos are placed in Russia). He must have been a good dad and husband judging by the writing. Sadly i dont have a name and it makes me wonder if he survived to see his family again. Could you please tell whats the writing on upper half of the postcard? Is it possible to find which luftwaffe unit he was serving on? Thanks a lot again fellas.

Kind regards,
                        Fotis
                        Last edited by general1900; 04-01-2010, 10:21 AM.

Comment

The surname is Reuland, but I can't read the first name confidently enough... The man was serving in the 19. Luftgau Nachrichten Regiment 16.

Did all this come as a group then?

Regards, Giorgos

Comment

Originally posted by stray_dog View Post
                            The name -what I can read anyway- is Funber (?!) Reuland. The man was serving in the 19. Luftgau Nachrichten Regiment 16.

Did all this come as a group then?

Regards, Giorgos
                            Giorgo(thanks a lot for your help...if it wasnt you and Gerdan i whouldnt have known all this usefull info)to be perfectly right the pictures where all in an album but the dealer (you know whom im talking for) removed them from the album and decided to sell them seperately. He told me about it while i went there to buy some goodies....he showed me the (violated) album too...i took a look on the photos and i decided that it whould be a pitty to get seperated so i bought them.

Kind regards,
                            Fotis
                            Last edited by general1900; 04-01-2010, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Right... I had a look at the album last week, noticed that many photos were missing, so I let it be. Didn't know that the photos were still existing...in the same store! It's really sad...

Giorgos

Comment

Originally posted by stray_dog View Post
                                Right... I had a look at the album last week, noticed that many photos were missing, so I let it be. Didn't know that the photos were still existing...in the same store! It's really sad...

Giorgos
                                Indeed a pitty...when he first told me about this i thought "WTF where you thinking man!!!!You ruined the album!!!!" but i didnt tell him anything (it whould be pointless). im glad he at least kept the photos of the album together and didnt mix them with others....so thats how many groups/albums etc get seperated and ruined.

Kind Regards,
                                Fotis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X