No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The man who sent the postcard in post # 760 was Funker Reuland; the first word was not his Christian name, but his military rank. (= a signals private)

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
      The man who sent the postcard in post # 760 was Funker Reuland; the first word was not his Christian name, but his military rank. (= a signals private)
      Thanks a lot for your help guys. One last question...the writing below his name is the recievers adress right? I really wish you the best for your help.

kind regards,
      Fotis
      Last edited by general1900; 04-01-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

His rank, name and unit are seen next to the word "Feldpost". The receiver is "little Jurgen Reuland" in Dusseldorf, so yes, that's the adress.

Giorgos

Comment

Originally posted by stray_dog View Post
          His rank, name and unit are seen next to the word "Feldpost". The receiver is "little Jurgen Reuland" in Dusseldorf, so yes, that's the adress.

Giorgos
          Thanks Giorgo very much (sorry if i got you tired guys....i do not know German so i have to ask every bit of information by others).

Kind regards,
          Fotis

Comment

Hi again gents! Got you some more work!

Can you read the signs on these two docs? In the meanwhile I'm looking for a "Generalfeldmarschall und Oberbefehlshaber der Heeresgruppe Mitte" in 1944 on Google, guess the LV means 55 but nothing yet. Seems to be a facsimile sign but not sure since just got the bug on docs! The top one is from the Ost Campaign and the other one from a KVK2. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
            Fabian.-

Comment

It could be Oberstleutnant von Weltzien.

Gerdan

Comment

The Generalfeldmarschall could be Ernst Busch

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks for the help Gerdan! I have also found Busch but damn, seems pretty hard to fit that name into that signature!

But should be him cause of the date: Busch was named Oberbefehlshaber der Heeresgruppe Mitte in Okt. 1943 and got defeated in May/June 1944 by the Russians so the date fits, before was von Kluge and after Model.

Just found his signature!

Last edited by gebris353; 04-03-2010, 01:28 AM.

Comment

To read the signature BUSCH should be easier for you if you start with

B, than you will find "u" with the old German bow on top of the "ú", than "s c" and finally "h".

Good luck!

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by gebris353 View Post
                      ...guess the LV means 55 but nothing yet. Seems to be a facsimile sign but
                      The LV you see is actually I.V which means In Vertretung which basically means 'on behalf of', so if someone was signing a citation on behalf of the Regimental or Divisional Commander he would put I.V above his signature.

The blue facsimile signature is indeed that of Ernst Busch.

Comment

2 letters.

Hello,

I want these 2 letters translated. These 2 letters were the final letters of a Fallschirmjäger. He went MIA 6 days after he had written his final letter (3.3.1943).

It doesn't have to be translated in English. German is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Letter 1 front:

Letter 1 back:

Letter 2 front:

Letter 2 back:

Comment

I got a letter, its probably the last letter the Soldier send home since he got missing 2 days later. Can anyone help me translate it?
                          Photo:
                          Attached Files
                          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Bigger version here: http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3171/brief.jpg
                            There is a topic about it also: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=426597
                            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

# 779

First the German text:

Liebe Gerda,
                              das Schicksal hat heute den Tag bestimmt an dem ich heute in den Einsatz gehe. Mach Dir keine Sorgen um mich, Dein Stern wird weiter mein Behüter sein. Bleibe Gesund und schreibe mir bald.
                              Es grüßt Dich mit vielen Küssen, Dein...(?)
                              Grüße Elter von mir.

Dear Gerda,
                              today the fate made the decision that today i will have my first sortie. Don't be worried about me your star will continue to be my guardian. Keep well und write soon.
                              Regards and a lot of kisses#Yours

Give my regards to the parents.
                              sign....?

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks a lot Gerdan and hucks216! You are right Gerdan, watching it that way it's pretty easy! And I guessed (late) LV was not a number after I knew the translation of the Center Army! Thanks again fellas, you are of great help!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X