No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again for the translation Gerdan!

I picked this up the other day -

Comment

"Gewidmet von der Vereinigung zur Schmückung der Kriegergräber und Denkmäler bei Metz"

Dedicated from the association to decorate the war graves and (war) monuments near Metz

Gerdan

Comment

# 1420

I found an annual report (the 21st one)of the association fro the year 1910:

XXI. Jahresbericht der Vereinigung zur Schmückung und fortdauernden Erhaltung der Kriegergräber und Denkmäler bei Metz für das Jahr 1910. Gedenkschrift über die 40 jährige Erinnerungsfeier der Schlachten bei Metz. Metz. Graphische Kunstanstalt Gebr. Lang. 119 S. In altersgemäß gutem Zustand.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Gerdan!!!!!! SUPER

Help again
          Attached Files

Comment

# 1422

"Drei Musketiere aus ei(nem?) Straßen...
            von rechts August, Jupp, Karl-Heinz"

Three musketeers from a street...

right (to left) : August, Jupp, Karl-Heinz

Gerdan

Comment

Can anyone kindly translate the document for me .
              It belonged to a long servicing officer whose album I own ..album covers his RAD service , invasion of France / belgium , flak service , immediate post war photo of him working in a coal mine . During the 1950s and early 60s he is back in military service .
              many thanks .
              jim
              Attached Files
              Last edited by hornetsfan; 08-01-2010, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Dokument

Mr. Gustav Geiler, Hauptmann in the Bundeswehr (west german army),
                born 20.03.1915, residence in at Hamburg-Blankenese,
                saved - under the most difficult circumstances, incl. risking his own life
                - together with the "Hauer" (german term for mine-worker) Walter Trapp
                at the 25th of april 1957 in the mine "Füsseberg Friedrich Wilhelm"
                the "Grubensteiger" (another miners job) Ernst Peter, born 16.03.1924,
                residence of Holzhausen, community Siegen,
                from danger for life; (by acting that way he has) given a very spe-
                cial proof for both brave and self-offerings.

To honor this act (we) award to him the
                honor medal for mine-rescue,
                furthermore this doc was written.

Mainz, 24th of november 1959 (TWO years later!)

The president of (community) Rheinlad Pfalz

Comment

The signature is from Peter Altmeier, the Ministerpräsident of the Land Rheinland-Pfalz

Gerdan

Comment

And this is the medal he received:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rettung...heinland-Pfalz)

Gerdan

Comment

Hello Gerdan and Gran Sasso ,
                      I had assumed the document related to his military service with him being in uniform .
                      Many thanks for the information its very helpful and ties up with the mining photos of him in the album , it appears he rejoined military service later than I had previously believed .
                      jim

Comment

Gerdan, SUPER
                        THANKS

Help again
                        Attached Files

Comment

What's a Zugvogel.

I tried the Medals and Awards forum, but for some reason, am not able to post pictures there.

I was hoping that someone with a better grasp of the language might be able to comprehend all of these abbreviations.

So, what is a Zugvogal - is that a Homing Pigeon? Did this guy's pigeon fly 142.7 Kilometers to win 25th place in a pigeon racing contest???????
                          Attached Files

Comment

Zugvogel Aachen is the name of a bicycle club in Aachen

Gerdan

Comment

anything on post: #1429

Comment

# 1429

"...Kamerad der neben im Dock von einem Bombensplitter tödlich fiel"

... a guy who was KIA by a bomb shell close nearby in the docks.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X