Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gerdan.

Shame, but I don't think I'll ever identify the name from the second signature....it's too much of a scribble!

Comment

Hi fellas. I have this arbeitsbuch and i need some help translating the entries. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Fotis
      Last edited by general1900; 04-16-2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

# 816 Arbeits

Comment

# 816
          sorry delete my last answer! I had a problem with my PC. Here my new version:

Name: Momberg, Richard
          born: 1. Mai 1910 Konstantinopel / Türkei
          Nationality: Deutsche Reich
          married
          no children
          Home: Berlin - Charlottenburg, Roscherstrasse 116

Profession: Kunst- und Bauschlosser - building locksmith and artist metalworker
          Apprenticeship: Mai 1925 - April 1929 in Berlin
          School: Bauschule (IV 1932 - x, 1933), Städtische Gwerbeschule (III 1928 - IV 1932),
          Ingenieur-Prüfung - degreed engineer
          Special apprenticeship: Konstrukteur für Flugzeig-Geräte - designing ingeneer für aircraft
          no knowledge in farming
          Führerschein Kl. I + III - driver's license I + III

Gerdan

Comment

Gerdan thanks a lot. I also found info on Askania company (not for the last one though). On the 4th picture what do the stamps denote (those that look like Gesehen arbeitsamt something followed by a date)?.

Regards,
            Fotis
            Last edited by general1900; 04-16-2010, 11:26 AM.

Comment

# 816

1.2.1936 he started with Askania Werke, Berlin-Friedenau as a Konstrukteur (constructing egineer),Techn.(ischer) Mitarbeiter (technical staff member) and Gruppenführer (group leader)
              He ended 31.5. 1943.

From 1.6.1943 he continued with "Gerätewerk Pommern" in Stargard/Pommern as a Betriebs- Ingenieur (plant engineer).

Gerdan

Comment

The stamp "Gesehen Arbeitsamt Stargard" means this Arbeitsbuch was checkek by the Stargard Employmennt bureau.

Stargard is a town Pommern/Pomerania today part of Poland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargard_Szczeci%C5%84ski

Gerdan

Comment

I forgot this page too. Thanks again. Your help is priceless.

Regards,
                  Fotis
                  Last edited by general1900; 04-16-2010, 12:07 PM.

Comment

# 822

Schlosser
                    Kunst- und Bauschlosser: VI 1929 - III 1930

Technischer Angestellter
                    Phys.(ikalisch) - Tech.(nische) Reichsanstalt: XII 1934 - I 1936

Konstrukteuer Askania Werke Berlin: 1.II. 1936

In general these are the same entries as on the other pages - with only little additions

Gerdan

Comment

Help with translation please

Hi
                      I have a set of pictures of about 30 which these are part of-Most have writing on the rear and all have 5AK or 5AK 1
                      Can anyone please translate the writing on these three and confirm what the 5AK is(a google search did not help)
                      many thanks in advance
                      andy
                      Attached Files

Comment

5. A.K.I

1) Der Sarg wird weggetragen - The casket is borne away.

2) Die letzte Ehre für den Toten, Totenwache. - The pay the last respect to the death. Wake.

3) Brors
                        Die Spanienkämpfer sind heimgekehrt. Uffz. Knees und Uffz. Schmidt. - The Spain
                        combatnats are returned home - NCO Knees and NCO Schmidt

Gerdan

Comment

thanks

Many thanks for the above.
                          Sorry to be a pain but perhaps you could help on this one
                          thanks
                          again
                          andy
                          Attached Files

Comment

Großangriff auf Bremen in der Nacht vom 11. auf 12. 5. 1941. - Major attack on Bremen in the night 11./12. 5. 1941

Im Vordergrund eine Leuchtbombe - In the foregroud a flare.

Gerdan

Comment

I need some help with the name of the last unit and the Kompanie of the second unit:
                              Attached Files
                              I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                              Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                              My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Last unit:

Kampf - Marsch Btl. 1517 (?) / Stab - with the nuber I have some problems

second unit: Inf. Rgt. 55 Stabskompanie

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 208 users online. 0 members and 208 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X