No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Pauke! I have seen a few other wound tags, the ones that actually say Begleitzettel für Verwundete at the top, and if I'm not wrong they have a line for the place where the soldier was wounded? Does this one say anything on a place? I have rotated and used the original resolution for this phrase if it helps. Thanks!

Best regards,
    Fabian.
    Last edited by gebris353; 03-24-2010, 10:22 AM.

Comment

trans

The top line reads like Gerdan has stated "brought in without a gasmask" and the second line looks like HVP = Hauptverbandplatz = aid station and its number followed by either a signature or something I cannot make sense of. It doesn't look so much like a signature to me, though. The number of the HVP would possibly be a way to discern its location, though I haven't a clue as to where this information could be found. Maybe another miracle worker out there can help.

Comment

Interesting! Then that's probably "HVPl,1/179" meaning the Hauptverbandplatz of the Sanitäts-Kompanie 1/179, now just need to do my homework on this and get the place where that Kompanie was and maybe that sign it's actually the place hard to make out but easier with a list of names where the Kompanie was! Thanks again!
        Last edited by gebris353; 03-24-2010, 11:09 AM.

Comment

# 738

I would read " HVPl. 1/179" . It must be 1/179 because the abbreviation of Hauptverbandsplatz ist "HVPl." and the letter "l" from Pl(atz) looks like the number 1 but is the letter "l". So it must be 1/179 and not 11/179.

The rest I cannot read

Gerdan

Comment

Oh yeah Gerdan, thanks! Looking for it I found the correct abbreviation and corrected it just a few minutes ago, also found something on the Kompanie but not places by 1943 yet, the good news is that the soldier was part of the Gren.Reg.226 and the Sanit.Komp.1/179 both belonged to the 79.ID!

Comment

trans

The last four letters following the number could be Gefr preceded by a name. Just a guess........

Comment

Oh, it's a really good guess indeed, I would add he was an Obergefreiter since it's preceded by the O. so it would be O.Gefr, I have a Luft helmet with that abbreviation aswell.

Fab.-

Comment

If we take it as "O. Gefr." which I also agree, could we take the name as "Müller" ?

Gerdan

Comment

Oh you are the experts in decoding German hand writting! But no matter in having that name, just knowing there is a name there and those pencil lines were added later in the HVPl are of great help, just tracing Schäfer's way and this helps a lot, will come with more info later!

Comment

trans

At this rate of progress I think we'll have his eye color figured out by tomorrow! :-) O. Gefr. Mueller gets my vote as well.

Comment

Gents

If someone could run there eyes over this paragraph for me then it really will be very gratefully received indeed.

I have had several (frustrating) attempts with on-line translators however, this is not the same as hearing the opinion of someone who actually understands the language.

Hopeful in anticipation.

Regards Richard.
                        Attached Files
                        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

It is a personnel reviw including his military career with the Flak.

The reason of this review was that he should be awarded with the silver medal of the crown of King Zvonimir with Oakleaves (Croatia).

There is also a list of his former awards: E.K. II, Flak-Kampfabzeichen, Wound Badge black.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                            It is a personnel reviw including his military career with the Flak.

The reason of this review was that he should be awarded with the silver medal of the crown of King Zvonimir with Oakleaves (Croatia).

There is also a list of his former awards: E.K. II, Flak-Kampfabzeichen, Wound Badge black.

Gerdan
                            Gerdan

Thank you for the reply however, I have been able to glean that much information myself already.

I am hoping that someone will be able to provide a word for word translation?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards Richard.
                            Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Originally posted by stgeorge64 View Post
                              Thank you for the reply however, I have been able to glean that much information myself already.

I am hoping that someone will be able to provide a word for word translation?
                              Here you go:

"SS-Obersturmführer Keibl has been with the SS-Anti Aircraft Detachment 7 ever since it was formed.
                              K. is an old fighter of the movement
                              [i.e. a Nazi activist since before the assumption of power in 1933] and has been on active war service since 1939. He has participated in the Polish- and the Western Campaign with the Air Force's anti-aircraft artillery. He was wounded on 10 June 40 and after his recovery was transferred to the SS' anti-aircraft artillery. Initially employed as a platoon leader for the 3.7-cm anti-aircraft artillery with SS-Anti-Aircraft Artillery Detachment 7, he has proven himself in an outstanding way both there as well as, subsequently, a range-finding officer and the temporary commander of the Staff Battery of SS-Anti-Aircraft Artillery Detachment 505.
                              SS-Obersturmführer Keibl consistently distinguishes himself through great interest, excellent knowledge in the field of anti-aircraft artillery and a very good learning capability. With indefatiguable dilligence, he had always taken care of the training of the men under his command, both in the fields of anti-aircraft artillery as well as political ideology.
                              Awarded badges and decorations: Wound Badge in Black on 10 June 40. Iron Cross 2nd Class on 2 July 40. Anti-Aircraft Artillery Combat Badge on 26 January 42.
                              Because of his particular achievements in the training and advanced training of the men of the Anti-Aircraft Artillery Detachment, I hold SS-Obersturmführer Keibl to be of worthy of the award of the Silver Medal of the Crown of King Zvonimir 'with Oak Leaves'."
                              Last edited by HPL2008; 03-25-2010, 03:41 PM.

Comment

hi

can anyone translate this please?

tia

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 156 users online. 0 members and 156 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X