• Show
Clear All

Hello
    I would like to know what is written on the upper left photo
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Comment

1) Zelten und Lagern während des Marschmanövers -

2) Bernd (christian name ) beim Rein-Schiff (feuteln und schrubben) - Bernd cleaning (make the ship clean) swabbing and mobbing

3) Der Waffenmeister "Willi" bei der grossen(?) Generalbesichtigung bei der keine Tätigkeit als gut und keine aufreibende Arbeit Anerkennung gefunden hatte. Wir wünschen unserem Waffenmeister weiter(?) alles Gute. H. - Armorer "Willi" dring his great general inspection. Nothing what you do is good and no exhausting job finds his acceptance. We wish our armorer al the best.

4) Pakgeschütz beim Abschuß stehend bin ich. - Anti tank gun shooting - standing that''s me

Hope I could help a bit.
      Regards Rick.

Gerdan

Comment

SS Card/Feldpost sent to a Pilot - Translation Request.

Hi all,

I was looking through some SS cards and found this one which I think is sent from a Gunther Fricke to a Flieger, Werner Fricke.

I think it would be interesting to know what is says and try to work out who they are. There is a pilot Lt. Werner Fricke, KIA in Norway 1941 perhaps its this chap.

If anyone could translate it would be much appreciated.. Thanks Steve.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Steve T; 04-28-2010, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I will start with the German text. The translation will follow soon.

"Abs.(ender): Soldat Güther Friebe, 1. Schwadron Fahr-Ersatz-Abteilung 24, Königsbrück bei Dresden, Neues Lager.

Lieber Werner!

Teile Dir nur heute kurz meine Adresse mit. Demnächst mehr. Wir fassen jetzt noch Sachen. Am Montag beginnt dann der Dienst. Hoffentlich komme ich zu den Reitern und nicht zu den Fahrern.
            Herzlichst, Dein Bruder Günther"

Gerdan

Comment

Here the translation:

"Dear Werner,

today I only will give you my address. Soon more. Now we still take hold of material. Monday we will start with service. Hopefully I will come to the cavalry and not be a driver.
              Regards
              Your brother Günther"

Gerdan

Comment

The address the postcard is sent to:

Flieger
                Werner Friebe

Oels bei Breslau

Flugzeugführerschule A/B 111
                Schülerkompanie

Gerdan

Comment

Gerdan,

Thank you very much for your help

KR,
                  Steve

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                  The address the postcard is sent to:

Flieger
                  Werner Friebe

Oels bei Breslau

Flugzeugführerschule A/B 111
                  Schülerkompanie

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                    1) Zelten und Lagern während des Marschmanövers -

2) Bernd (christian name ) beim Rein-Schiff (feuteln und schrubben) - Bernd cleaning (make the ship clean) swabbing and mobbing

3) Der Waffenmeister "Willi" bei der grossen(?) Generalbesichtigung bei der keine Tätigkeit als gut und keine aufreibende Arbeit Anerkennung gefunden hatte. Wir wünschen unserem Waffenmeister weiter(?) alles Gute. H. - Armorer "Willi" dring his great general inspection. Nothing what you do is good and no exhausting job finds his acceptance. We wish our armorer al the best.

4) Pakgeschütz beim Abschuß stehend bin ich. - Anti tank gun shooting - standing that''s me

Hope I could help a bit.
                    Regards Rick.

Gerdan
                    Thanks allot Gerdan
                    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

help please

Anyone make this one out please?
                      many thanks
                      andy
                      Attached Files

Comment

It says:

Britischer Aufklärer beim Angriff auf Bordeaux
                        Kurz vor dem Abschuss.
                        17. Mai 1943

meaning:

British reconnaissance aircraft during the attack on [or: while attacking] Bordeaux.
                        Just bevor being shot down.
                        17 May 1943

Comment

I would like to get help with the names, many thanks in advance.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the photo's below.
                            They are from a photoalbum of Oberleutnant zur See Günter Werner Schmidt.
                            Could someone please tell me what is writting along with the photo's?

1. I'm trying to find out if the officer with the large medal bar is Kurt Schmidt, who would later become Generalleutnant.

2. I can only read "Hauptmann Fritz" and "Im Felde 1939".
                            I would like to find out what the officer's last name is.

With kind regards,,

Koen.

Comment

Hi all,

Last week I found this feldpost card in the cellar of my grandmothers house.
                              So it is possible that this german soldier was stationed in that house during the war.
                              I would love to know what is written on it but it's very hard to read.
                              Can anyone help me with it please?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

I need some help on the second unit from below.
                                I can read something like:

Kd** Kraftfahrzeug-Instandsetzungs-kompanie (mot) "Hauptmann ***********"
                                Attached Files
                                I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                                Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                                My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X