Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two helferin

Here are two helferin. I think they're Luftwaffe.
    Attached Files

Comment

2 helferin

Here's the back of the helferin photo.
      Attached Files

Comment

# 510

Berlin - Bornstetterfeld 1944

Gerdan

Comment

# 506

Reitmer(s) ??

Gerdan

Comment

Panzer man

Gerdan,

Thanks for the translation. Number 506, looks like it says 'Der' something.

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
              Here's a panzer man with what looks like a tool. What does it say just below his knee?
              As Gerdan wrote, it looks like "Reitmers". Do allow me to add that what he is holding is not a tool, it's a microphone.

Comment

Reitmers

Hi,

Yes I was told that it was a microphone in another thread that I put it in. I was told he was probably some war reporter.

Comment

Not sure if this thread is actually restricted to translating hand written text however, if not I really would appreciate some help with these 2 type written paragraphs from a Vorchlagliste for the EKI.

I have attempted using some on-line translators (to a very frustrating degree) and a friend has also had an attempt however, he readily admitted he may not of translated it 100% correct.

So, if anyone can provide a translation for these 2 paragraphs then your help will be genuinly appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards Richard.
                  Attached Files
                  Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

RE No. 1:
                    As an Adjutant, he has contributed considerably to the Battalion's tactical leadership thanks to his mental agility.
                    During a raiding-party mission against an intruding opponent, he has distinguished himself through particular bravery as the leader of said mission.
                    During the course of this mission, he was killed in action.
                    I hold him to be particularly worthy of being awarded the Iron Cross 1st Class.

RE no. 2:
                    L. is the leader of the Heavy Mortar Platoon of the 8th Company. He and his platoon have crushed the opponent's attacks by day and night and, even when the opponent had already broken through, have supported the infantry to good effect under the most difficult of circumstances and thus contributed considerably to the infantry's relief in this defensive sector.
                    I hold him to be worthy of wearing the Iron Cross 1st Class.

Comment

As this thread seems to be quite popular i've stickied it for you all
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
                        RE No. 1:
                        As an Adjutant, he has contributed considerably to the Battalion's tactical leadership thanks to his mental agility.
                        During a raiding-party mission against an intruding opponent, he has distinguished himself through particular bravery as the leader of said mission.
                        During the course of this mission, he was killed in action.
                        I hold him to be particularly worthy of being awarded the Iron Cross 1st Class.

RE no. 2:
                        L. is the leader of the Heavy Mortar Platoon of the 8th Company. He and his platoon have crushed the opponent's attacks by day and night and, even when the opponent had already broken through, have supported the infantry to good effect under the most difficult of circumstances and thus contributed considerably to the infantry's relief in this defensive sector.
                        I hold him to be worthy of wearing the Iron Cross 1st Class.

Thank you very much indeed for your time and effort, is is much appreciated.

Regards Richard.
                        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

What does this say?

(from a soldbuch)

Sorry about the small picture (thats the best I can do for now)
                          Attached Files

Comment

He was in hospital in 1939 for something or other which i cant make out.

By the way, in case you weren't aware. If you log in to Weitze you will then have access to large high definition pictures.
                            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

What about the name on the following picture? (its written by multiple people).
                              It looks like Heinz Dietrich to me, correct?
                              Picture:
                              Attached Files
                              I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                              Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                              My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Help

Whould appreciate some help here. Thanks in advance.

1)What do the pencil written words say?

2)

3)

Regards,
                                Fotis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 140 users online. 0 members and 140 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X