Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim De Craene View Post
    Thanks for your help.. I would be surprised though if it was a 'sickness' such as Bauchödem, as he received the Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz for it. Unfortunately the letters may not be entirely readable as another page was pasted partly over them.
    Doesnt matter - you also get the woundbadge when you "just" were sick while on the front, thats stated in the orders for the woundbadge.

For example my grandfather was also never wounded, but also got the black woundbadge.

Comment

Could anyone translate this for me please:

Comment

# 5123

I read:

1. Albert-Kanal
        2. Berhaven (?) Bergfaven (?)
        3. Voulwames
        4. Berg
        5. + 6. Vintelen

Gerdan

Comment

# 5125
          I will try to give you a synopsis of the text:

The soldier asked his mother to sent him some material as his medical-boots (Sanitätsstiefel) which should be repaired before sending, the long boots of Paul, the medical textbook and leather shoelaces. He also told his mother that was going to sell his coat (?) but could not find a shop which wanted to buy it.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
            # 5123

I read:

1. Albert-Kanal
            2. Berhaven (?) Bergfaven (?)
            3. Voulwames
            4. Berg
            5. + 6. Vintelen

Gerdan
            Thanks Gerdan! With your help, I was able to identify all places: after Albert-Kanal comes Borgharen and Voulwames, both north of Maastricht (Holland), then Berg (Valkenburg, Holland), and last Vinteln, part of Gangelt on the German-Dutch border

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
              # 5125
              I will try to give you a synopsis of the text:

The soldier asked his mother to sent him some material as his medical-boots (Sanitätsstiefel) which should be repaired before sending, the long boots of Paul, the medical textbook and leather shoelaces. He also told his mother that was going to sell his coat (?) but could not find a shop which wanted to buy it.

Gerdan
              Thanks! Still looking for a full translation. No problem if you type it in German.

Comment

Hello guys!!

anyone can tell me referred the page 23 of the Kriegsmarine Soldbuch? at the pay received on trips? and the traduction?... "I fail to catch it" Many thanks!!

Der Vorschuss ist von der zahlenden Dienststelle zunächst im Vorschussbuch zu buchen und von der neuen Dienststelle in der Reisekostenrechnung von den zuständigen Reisekosten abzusetzen, sodass hier nur der verbleibende Reisekostenrest als Haushaltsausgabe gebucht wird. Der alten Dienststelle ist über die erfolgte Einziehung des Reisevorschusses kurze Mitteilung zu machen; sie bucht darauf den Reisevorschuss unter Vereinnahmung im Vorschussbuch endgültig als Haushaitsausgabe. (M.V.Bl. 1940, S. 908, Nr. 847). ??????

Regards.

Comment

Having some trouble with the written script on this one... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

# 5130

Your guy received an advanced payment from this unit:

Feldpostnummer 08025
                    (Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 2. Kompanie Infanterie-Regiment 388,
                    (2.1.1940-27.4.1940) gestrichen, wurde Fp.Nr. 18525 C,
                    (15.7.1942-24.1.1943) Hafenkapitän Lorient,
                    (15.9.1940-31.1.1941) Hafenkommandant Lorient,
                    (15.7.1942-24.1.1943) Hafenkommandant Lorient u. Bezirks-Zoll-Kommissariat (G) Lorient.

"This advanced payment had to be accounted in a special book (Vorschußbuch) and afterwards it has to be deducted from the new department in the list of travel expenses so that only the remaining travel expense budgetary reserve has to be accounted in the budgetary expenditures.

The former unit/department has to be informed in a short way on this fact...."

Here I am ending this for me very difficult attempt to translate the text, sorry. May be other are more successful.

Gerdan

Comment

# 5131

The guy is "Rangiersaufseher Johann Harms" - who had his 25 years service with the Deutsche Reichsbahn / German Railway

His function is a shunter supervisor.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Gerdan!

Comment

Here the German text as far as I can read it:

" Maastricht, d. 2.5.44

Meine Lieben,

In meinem gestrigen Schreiben an Euch habe ich so sehr viel zu erwehnen vergessen, was ich heute nachholen möchte. Als erstes möchte ich Dich, liebe Mutti, bitten, meine alten Sanitätsstiefel zum reparieren wegzuschaffen; ich will sie mir dann mit nach Maastricht nehmen. Auch die langen Stiefel von Paul bringe bitte zum Schuster, da ist an einem die Kappe zu nähen. Weiter möchte ich Dich bitten, mir das Sanitätslehrbuch zu schicken, weißt Du, das Du seiner Zeit mit im Luftschutz hattest und wenn ich nicht irre, sind noch Ledersenkel da. Bitte schicke mir beides per Einschreiben. Du wirst so denken, der Olle kommt mit jedem Kram einzeln, aber auch jeden Tag kommt wieder etwas Neues zu und was ich nicht unbedingt brauche, verlange ich nicht. Meine Backen (??) zu meinem Mantel bin ich bisher noch nicht los geworden. Die Geschäfte wollen möglichst neues Zeug haben, aber ich gebe die Hoffnung noch nicht auf. Gleich heute abend versuche ichs nochmals bei einer anderen Stellw. Gestern habe ich für Frau...."

Hope this will help you and hope you will find someone who can translate the text.

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you so much Gerdan! Really appreciate it!

Comment

translation needed please

translation needed please,
                              This is from a Manual the person creating the notes was the editor.
                              Thanks
                              Bryan
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Folks - I am trying to determine the names of the OberLT and LT written on the back of this photo.

Thank you!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X