Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bernd Wiedemann View Post
    Hi Steve,

could You show the complete death card please?
    Sure here you go Bernd.

Steve
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Oberdonau!

Comment

Captive brit airmen - zoll officer

I posted this in the related forum - hope to get some help here as well!

thanks.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post3698577

Comment

Photo of a lady

I posted this photo in the 'are there beautiful women in WW2' thread. I'd like to have the back translated please.
          Attached Files

Comment

attractive girl photo reverse

Here's the reverse that I'd like translated.
            Attached Files

Comment

Der lieben Herta zur bleibenden Erinnerung an Deine Freundin Hanni.

Dedicated to the dear Herta from her (girl)friend Hanni for ever enduring reminder.

Gerdan

Comment

Hanni

Hi Gerdan,

Thanks for the help. So the girl in the photo was named Hanni? What would Hanni be a nickname for, Hanna?

John

Comment

Hi John,

an often used nickname for Hannelore or Hanna / Johanna.

Gerdan

Comment

Hanni

Hi Gerdan,

Thanks for the help. This photo came with another portrait of Hanni and her younger sister. The younger sister is unidentified. So apparently these photos came out of Herta's photo album.

Comment

Hi John

could you identify the date and perhaps also a place name (?) down right in the corner. It could narrow a bit the base of your research.

Gerdan

Comment

Hanni

Hi Gerdan,

I tried to gently scrap off the old black photo album paper, without damaging the photo. It looks like 1940, though I'm not sure. Do you know of a safe way to remove this black paper?

John

Comment

John

it is depending on the glue they used to fix the photo. Be careful!

Gerdan

Comment

Hanni

Hi Gerdan,

You're right, one has to be careful with this old photo album paper. I guess I shouldn't even try to remove it. What do you think? Like I said, the year appears to be 1940.

Comment

John

Could there be place enough on the photo writing a place name?

Sometimes it is helpful to put the photo in front of a bright lamp to read the covered part - but be very careful not to burn it.

Gerdan

Comment

Hi John,

you could use a razor-blade to remove the black paper. Some architects used it like an eraser.
                                But be carefull, it needs some practice to do it the right way

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X