Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I just noticed that the backside of the photo I showed earlier had some trouble with loading, so here it is again.
    Hopefully it will work now.

With kind regards,

Koen.

Comment

.. you can help me to translate this page of a soldier of a 44 HuD Div wehrpass.?

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

# 1056

"Vereidingungs Bild" - Picture showing the swearing-in ceremony

Gerdan

Comment

# 1057

At first I will write the German text but must say that the Russian place names are difficult to read for me:

29.10.42 - 3.1.43 Verwendug und Einsatz im Osten im Gebiet der Heeresgruppe 1

3.1.43 - 16.1.44 Abwehrkämpfe westlich und südwestlich Kantamirowka(?) und bei Nowopskell (?)
          an der Aider im Rahmen der italienischen 8. Armee
          Abwehrkämpfe bei Klenowyi (?), Wyssotschanowka und ostwärts Ka..?.
          Kämpfe um Geraskowa und Kowo Markowa sowie zwischen Kaimok(?) und
          Nowaja Rosschosch.

28.4.44 - 11.5. Abwehrkämpfe in Mittelitalien

Gerdan

Comment

# 1057

29.10.42 . 3.1.43 Assignment (Verwendung) und deployment in the east in the area of the 1st Army Group

3.1.43 - 16.1.44 Defense west and southwest of Kantamirakowa(?) and near Nowopskell(?) / Aider in line with the Italien 8th Army.
            Defense near Klenowwyi(?), Wyssotschanowka and east of Ka..(?)
            Campaign for Geraskowa and Kowo Markowa and Kaimok(?) and Nowaja Rosschosch.

28.4.44 - 11.5. Defense in the middle of Italy

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
              # 1057

29.10.42 . 3.1.43 Assignment (Verwendung) und deployment in the east in the area of the 1st Army Group

3.1.43 - 16.1.44 Defense west and southwest of Kantamirakowa(?) and near Nowopskell(?) / Aider in line with the Italien 8th Army.
              Defense near Klenowwyi(?), Wyssotschanowka and east of Ka..(?)
              Campaign for Geraskowa and Kowo Markowa and Kaimok(?) and Nowaja Rosschosch.

28.4.44 - 11.5. Defense in the middle of Italy

Gerdan

Gerdan you are fantastic!!!!!! ... thanks.... grazie mille!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                # 1051

"Mitternachtssone von unserer Bucht aus gesehen nach der Richtung Grötawär(?)"

"Blick vom Leitstand nach dem Kai"

# 1052

"Heinke Roman hat einen Fisch gefangen" - Heinke Romann caught a fish"

"Arbeitsdienst am Leitstand" - Labor service at the control station.

Gerdan
                Thnaks again!

Help on psot #1049, # 1050?

Comment

# 1049

left: Musik am Kai - music at the pier

right: vor der Tundra Baracke I - in front of Tundra Baracke I

# 1950

Arbeitsdienst - labor service

Auf der Bank vor der Bucht - on the bench in front of the bay

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks again Gerdan!

Help agian
                    Attached Files

Comment

trans

Unser Stuetzpunkt Elgsnes von Elgen aus gesehen. Our position on E. as seen from E.
                      No I Unsere Insel Geyta mit Elgsnes vor der Besetzung. Our island G. with E. before the occupation.
                      Im Hintergrund der Risoysund (?) 26 km Entfernung. In the background R. at a distance of 26 km.

Comment

I would like to know what is written here
                        Thanks in advance
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
                          Thanks, it might be something like this: ???? Eis. Portionen erh.
                          Which would mean: ???? eiserne Portionen erhalten.
                          And in english: ???? Iron ration received.
                          Gerdan, i think i now know the first word as well.
                          I think it is "gekürzten" in short (see why in the picture below, its from another soldbuch i got).
                          So in total it could be: gekürzten eiserne Portionen erhalten.

That would be a halb-eiserne portionen which was carried by combat soldiers for emergencies (aber nur auf befehl).
                          2 full/normal eiserne portionen for each soldier was carried in trucks/horse drawn carts by the food/supply unit for longer emergencies/combat days.
                          Attached Files
                          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Is no one able to read anything from post 1044 on page 70?
                            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

help please

Hi
                              Can someone translate the annotation under this picture please?
                              many thanks
                              andy
                              Attached Files

Comment

trans

The state- and Reich Youth---- at the Berghof. The end of the word is missing, perhaps "leaders".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X