No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My German is pretty rusty to begin with, and the handwriting doesn't make it any easier. I'd be grateful for assistance.
    Attached Files

Comment

"Ein vernichteter, brennder russischer Panzer (T 34), der kurz vor meinem Eintreffen von einer Flak 8,8, in Brand geschossen wurde. Ausgang des Kessel Charkow im Mai 1942. Kp. auf dem Weg nach Nory/Nowy (?) Oskol !!!"

Gerdan

Comment

A destroyed, burning russian tank (T-34), that was shot ablaze by a
        FLAK 88 just before my arrival.
        Exit of the Charkow-pocket, may 1942.
        Company on it's way to Norog Oskol (?)

Regards, Alex

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

hello Gerdan and all other Translators..

I have a small Text here to translate.

Background is..I had a Postcard Album long time ago with lots of photos from Kaiser Wilhelm in Exil in Doorn.
            So I assume the person who made this album must have had some contacts to the Kaisers Family.
            This is one of 2 Postcards that I have left and I tought it would be interesting to see what is written on the back

Thanks so much
            Andreas
            Attached Files

Comment

I will try it as far as I can read it:

"Berlin-Steglitz, 16.(?). Juni 1943
              Horst Wesselstrasse 18

Sehr geehrter lieber Dr. Jurke (?) ,- may be the family name is better to read on the address
              Ihnen und Ihrer lieben Gattin wünsche ich ein recht gesundes Pfingstfest.

Ich wohne jetzt in Steglitz, wie Sie oben auf der Karte sehen - endlich nach langem Suchen ein Zimmer gefunden.

Beste Grüße
              Ernst-Ludwig ???"

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                I will try it as far as I can read it:

"Berlin-Steglitz, 16.(?). Juni 1943
                Horst Wesselstrasse 18

Sehr geehrter lieber Dr. Jurke (?) ,- may be the family name is better to read on the address
                Ihnen und Ihrer lieben Gattin wünsche ich ein recht gesundes Pfingstfest.

Ich wohne jetzt in Steglitz, wie Sie oben auf der Karte sehen - endlich nach langem Suchen ein Zimmer gefunden.

Beste Grüße
                Ernst-Ludwig ???"

Gerdan
                Thank you very much Gerdan

So not really a connection to the kaiser Family to read out of this Card

Andreas

Comment

Sorry, Andreas, I can see no connection with Kaiser Wilhelm II and his family.

May be the second card you own?

Gerdan

Comment

Andreas,

an other question: could you give mit the exact name and addresse of the addressee "Dr. J." - but only when he was living in Berlin in 1943.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                      Andreas,

an other question: could you give mit the exact name and addresse of the addressee "Dr. J." - but only when he was living in Berlin in 1943.

Gerdan
                      Gerdan,

the other card has no writing on the back

the adress on this card is as far as i can read it

Dr. Jurke?
                      Berlin Wilmersdorf

and it looks like Jupiterplatz??? 17

Andreas

Comment

The Berlin addressbook from 1943 is online. Here I found the page for Berlin - Wilmersdorf and the names "Jurke". Sorry, did not find a Dr. Jurke - and could not find "Jupiterplatz" in Berlin-Wilmersdorf. http://adressbuch.zlb.de/viewAdressb...CatalogLayer=5

Gerdan

Comment

Help with photo

Good Morning, Would some one be able to translate the back of this photo for me. Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by areilley View Post
                            Good Morning, Would some one be able to translate the back of this photo for me. Thanks
                            Alan, I read "Angriff auf Malgobek" aka Attack on Malgobek

Oct 3 1942 (USA notation of date)

3 Oct 1942 (literally in your photo)

Jan.
                            Last edited by Jan7; 11-18-2010, 11:38 AM.

Comment

# 1824

1) Ofw. (Obefeldwebel ) Theisen beim Impfen (vaccination)

2) Überläufer Süd-Russland 19(4)3 - Renegade Soth Russia 1943

3) ...Kameraden - mein Funktrupp - comerades - my radio section

4) Kamel..

6) Verstümmelter Volksdeutscher - klebe sie bitte ins Album - mutilated Volksdeutscher /ethnic German ) - please glue them in the album (the photos)

7) + 7) Danz

Gerdan

Comment

# 1824 (cont.):

8) Danz

9) Ein Ölfeld, genannt die ewige Sonne, von Deutschen am ??. März gelöscht.
                                An oil field, called the eternal sun, extictioned by the Germans ?? March

10) Hier (?) bin ich gerade beim Wache(schieben) - Here it's me standing guard

11) Brand einer Ölquelle mit dem Bohrturm - Blazing oil well with the drilling tower

12) Rußl(and) 41 Div. Kommd. General Feld

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X