No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) He was KIA in a battle near Fedorkowo 5 Km north of Rshew. Date. 31 Juli 41

No other place names are given indicating the place where he was KIA.

The soldier was burried in the western part of Rshew, 500 metres east of an railwy bridge which is passing the Wolga.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks.

Thanks once again Gerdan for the information. I will now search for those places on the net. I wonder if his remains are still lying there? Very sad.Regards David.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
        1) He was KIA in a battle near Fedorkowo 5 Km north of Rshew. Date. 31 Juli 41

Gerdan
        1942, actually....

And according to Volksbund.de, his remains have NOT be re-interred at one of their cemeteries, and his remains are still where they were when he fell.

best
        Hank
        Last edited by Hank Cummings; 01-25-2011, 09:16 PM. Reason: more info
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Can anyone make out the name here ?

Attached Files

Comment

I need help (as usual!!!) on this lines of this Wehrpass of a cannonier of the the 20th Luftwaffe Feldivision fell in Toskana in june 1944 ....

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

# 2196

"Lehrgang fĂ¼r Waffensicherheitspersonal beim Heereszeug(?)amt Hannover, 12.2 - 30.4.43"

Training course for personnl for weapon security at the Heeereszeugamt Hannover

Gerdan

Comment

# 2196

"Lehrgang fĂ¼r Waffensicherheitspersonal beim Heereszeug(?)amt Hannover, 12.2 - 30.4.43"

Training course for personnl for weapon security at the Heeereszeugamt Hannover

Gerdan
                ... many thanks Gerdan...

Comment

Hello again - can anyone tell me what the first word is please?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
                    Hello again - can anyone tell me what the first word is please?
                    Hi,
                    pheraps "Running" ----> Execution ??

My little opinion

Regards Hucks216

Comment

Originally posted by Gew44 View Post
                      Hi,
                      pheraps "Running" ----> Execution ??

My little opinion

Regards Hucks216
                      Thank you - the dates of the entry match the dates for the final liquidation of the Bialystok Ghetto.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
                        Thank you - the dates of the entry match the dates for the final liquidation of the Bialystok Ghetto.
                        I think it's Raumung (deportation)

Comment

# 2199

The first word is "Räumung" - clearing/vacation. I agree with hennep11, no doubt.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by hennep11 View Post
                            I think it's Raumung (deportation)
                            # 2199

The first word is "Räumung" - clearing/vacation. I agree with hennep11, no doubt.

Gerdan
                            Thank you both for clearing that up. All 3 efforts are much appreciated.

Comment

"Raeumung des Judenghettos in Bialystock"

For "Raeumung" in this context I'd choose the english "evacuation".

"Evacuation of the Jewish ghetto in Bialystock".

"Raumung" can mean a lot of things, but here it's "evacuation" or "clearing" as some guys have said.

Comment

Apologies for calling on your skills again but can anyone tell me what this says please?
                                It is in a Polizei Dienstpass to a member of Pol.Btl 322 who was with the unit at the time of the massacres at Bialystok & Mogilev in 1941 (it is not related to the soldbuch entry I previously posted.) It is signed by Gerhard Riebel who was the commander of 3./Pol.Btl 322.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X