F.r.A.
    sig.
    Hauptmann"

...old army dicharged as cannoneer with the 12th Field Artillery Regiment

Gerdan

Comment

Wehrpass entry help needed!!!

Hello Gerdan,

Thank you for your translation help. Keep up the great work!!!

Best regards,

Tom

Comment

Hi Guys,
        I have a few photos in my Kampfgeschwader 4 general Wever grouping that have writing on the reverse ......and I am really interested in what it says. A translation to English would be great.....but I would be just as happy with a German translation. Thanks to anyone who can help in advance. Looks like they had very bad handwriting tho.
        PIC#1
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 12thPanzer; 02-14-2011, 09:49 PM.

Comment

PIC#2

& PIC#3

Thank you (probably Gerdan) for any help in my research of Geschwader 4 'general wever'. If it can help identify even one of the men in my grouping I would be very happy.
          Attached Files

Comment

# 2344

1) Einsatzbesprechung mit Oberst - briefing with Oberst/Colonel

# 2345

2) Der schriftliche Einsatzbefehl ist gekommen - the written mission order did arrive

3) Der Wetter Frosch (?) - the meteorologist

Gerdan

Comment

Nice....thank you so very much Gerdan. You have a good eye....these are not very legible but somehow you always figure them out.
              #2 The "written mission order arrived" one makes sense. I will post the photo. it is of luftwaffe General wever men recieving papers in a war room.

#3 "The meteorologist" is a photo of a Sonderfuhrer from KG4, so it could make sense as well since sonderfuhrers did alot of odd jobs for the unit.

Once again, thank u for your help. Very interesting for me.
              Attached Files

Comment

Gerdan,
                I have one more from this group....but I think it may only be a partial sentence or phrase. Someone had trimmed the white border around the photos, so i think some of the letters have been cut off on this one. But I could be wrong?? So if you dont mind giving this one a try? thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

A bit difficult:

"...hr von mir

..autiker ?/..antiker ? (Kag? 7..

Fihrt??"

Gerdan

Comment

thank you very much Gerdan. You have been a great help. I have some more of this grouping coming in the mail.....so I hope it isnt a problem to ask for your help in the future. Many thanks

Comment

Bill T.

I always like to help you. Don't hesitate and sent the German text.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                        Could you identify him by a photo - if someone has one?

Gerdan
                        Well, I do have photo's of Hauptmann Adam, but none of Generalmajor Adam.

Also, is it possible to translate one word of the postcard below? I have no idea what the occupation of this person is, and maybe this word might be the clue.

For as far as I can read it is this;

Ernst Ende
                        ...., Schloss Wedendorf
                        Rehna (Mecklenburg)
                        I thought it could be "Diener" as in servant, but, then the dot would be on the wrong place.

Below is the front of the postcard

Comment

The person is a "Diener" - a servant/butler - you are right.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                            The person is a "Diener" - a servant/butler - you are right.

Gerdan
                            Hello Gerdan,

Thanks. He has some quite unusual clothing then for a butler, he looks more dressed like a hunter.

With kind regards,

Koen.

Comment

Koen,

sometime the denomination "Diener" is more than only a butler or servant. Indeed he is dressed like a hunter, even with the prominent hunting knife.

I also think that he had the function of a hunter.

Gerdan

Comment

This is the place/ castle where the butler/hunter was working:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedendorf

http://www.schweriner-see.de/schloss.wedendorf.htm

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X