Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You dont know how much I appreciate this. For some reason, I just really like this photo. Am I correct tho, is he a SA motors mann? the medal he is wearing in one of the pics on his left breast pocket looks like it is of a soldier in a german helmet. maybe a local type badge that was able to be worn on the brownshirt?? i dont know. Anyway, thanks that was really nice of you to figure that out and show me a picture of it too! I owe ya one
    Your welcome - this might help you next time to read other simular writings:
    Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone tell me what kind of leave this is?

Heinn? furlaub
      Attached Files

Comment

It is "Heimaturlaub" - home leave

The town is Schlebusch:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlebusch

Gerdan

Comment

thanks Gerdan I see it now!

Comment

Help!
            Attached Files

Comment

# 1947

I will try my very best but it is a bit difficult. May be I need the help of an other expert (Hank !) to fill the blanks.

"17. 5.46

Liebe Eltern und Geschw.(ister),
              viele herzliche Grüße aus der Gefangenschaft sendet Euch, meine Lieben, Euer Gerhard.

Ich hoffe, dass es Euch allen gut geht. Um mich macht euch keine unnötigen Sorgen, es geht mir gesundheitlich soweit ganz gut und hoffe, dass es ein baldiges Wiedersehen gibt.

Nun möchte ich auch anfragen, was meine liebe Käthe macht,... sie sogleich herzlich(?) grüßen und sie soll etwas Geduld haben.

Hoffe, sie bald wieder sehen zu können und sie soll mir ein paar Zeilen mit schreiben. Was macht Eliesa und Helmuth und die Kleine.

Ebenso Lotte...und dem Kleinen, den ich noch nicht gesehen habe?
              was macht Ursel,....Berensen(?) + Günther...ebenso ?
              alle Verwandten und Bekannten. Lasse alle mit grüßen

Es ist ja schon recht lange Zeit her.
              Nun muß ich schließen. Schreibet .....?

Es grüßt und küßt Euch alle, Euer Gerhard"

Gerdan

Comment

# 1952

"Erinnerung 1940

Mitte Kemsli...? General Mayer
                rechts Oberst Leutnant Grünyholz (?)
                links General Major Feige (?)
                Am Schießstand"

Memory 1940

in the middle: Kemsli...
                right: Oberst.....
                left: General....

on the firing range

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                  # 1947

I will try my very best but it is a bit difficult. May be I need the help of an other expert (Hank !) to fill the blanks.

"17. 5.46

Liebe Eltern und Geschw.(ister),
                  viele herzliche Grüße aus der Gefangenschaft sendet Euch, meine Lieben, Euer Gerhard.

Ich hoffe, dass es Euch allen gut geht. Um mich macht euch keine unnötigen Sorgen, es geht mir gesundheitlich soweit ganz gut und hoffe, dass es ein baldiges Wiedersehen gibt.

Nun möchte ich auch anfragen, was meine liebe Käthe macht,... sie sogleich herzlich(?) grüßen und sie soll etwas Geduld haben.

Hoffe, sie bald wieder sehen zu können und sie soll mir ein paar Zeilen mit schreiben. Was macht Eliesa und Helmuth und die Kleine.

Ebenso Lotte...und dem Kleinen, den ich noch nicht gesehen habe?
                  was macht Ursel,....Berensen(?) + Günther...ebenso ?
                  alle Verwandten und Bekannten. Lasse alle mit grüßen

Es ist ja schon recht lange Zeit her.
                  Nun muß ich schließen. Schreibet .....?

Es grüßt und küßt Euch alle, Euer Gerhard"

Gerdan
                  Thank you very much Gerdan. I put it in google translate to have it in english so I could make out what all those messy writting mean !

Comment

I need help with this. German wouldn******180;t be a problem if I could read it. Please help!

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                      Your welcome - this might help you next time to read other simular writings:
                      Thats actually really helpful. I was able to translate 2 other photos of mine so far with the help of this. I believe this was one of my main problems, trying to figure letters out! Its very nice of you to take the time to help us "foreigners" (haha) with our translations! Especially with photos, translating captions can open up a new door to the true meaning of a particular photo. Its also a good way of revisiting certain places where the soldiers in photos might have gone at one time. So thanks again to our friends who take the time to make these pieces of history come to life!

Comment

Translation help needed!!!

I would appreciate any help in translating the backs of these two photos. Any idea what the sketch means next to the soldier's initials? Thank you!

Best regards,

Tom
                        Attached Files

Comment

# 1958

1) 5. Kriegsweihnacht - Griechenland, 12.12.194?

Zum Andenken von Deinem unbekannten Soldaten, SSGren(adier) Hoffer, Adolf"

2) "Zum Andenken von un(s)rem Sohn Adolf aus Athen, Griechenland, 13.10.1943"

1) 5th Christmas during the war - Greece, 12.12.194? - (I think the painting should be a fir-tree green twig)

2) In memory of our son Adolf from Athens, Greece, 13.12.1943"

Gerdan

Comment

please help to translate this. Thanks in advance!

Comment

I need help..
                              thank you Gerdan
                              (1)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

(2)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X