Help
            Attached Files

Comment

# 2013

"Kuheyoiuse(??) Quartier bezogen" - K.... moved into billet

The first word should be the name of a village

Gerdan

Comment

Hello! Need help with reading/translation of this text. Thanks in advance!

Comment

# 2015

"Sturm von Zivilisten auf Abfall(?) - Ronhardumka(??) -

run of civilians on garbage/litter - R......

Gerdan

Comment

Gerdan thank you!

There are two more texts that I am asking for help: to read/translate. Thanks for looking!

#1. The las word is for sure Krim - but what about the entire sentence?

Comment

Comment

# 2017

1) Deutsche Soldaten Gräber auf der Krim - Graves of German soldiers on the Krim

2) Vorsicht ! - Notwurf ! Attention - Jettisoned ! - 2 Stunden nach erfolgter Aufnahme krepierte diese 250er - Two hours auf shooting that pic the 250 (lbs bomb) exploded

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                          # 2017

1) Deutsche Soldaten Gräber auf der Krim - Graves of German soldiers on the Krim

2) Vorsicht ! - Notwurf ! Attention - Jettisoned ! - 2 Stunden nach erfolgter Aufnahme krepierte diese 250er - Two hours auf shooting that pic the 250 (lbs bomb) exploded

Gerdan
                          Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Gerdan, can you please translate this for me. This fellow was killed in Le Havre harbour during a massive bombing of the S-boat bunkers in June 1944. I see references to S-boats and Le Havre but most of the rest is beyond my ability to figure out. Thanks for your help.

Richard
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RichardT View Post
                              Gerdan, can you please translate this for me. This fellow was killed in Le Havre harbour during a massive bombing of the S-boat bunkers in June 1944. I see references to S-boats and Le Havre but most of the rest is beyond my ability to figure out. Thanks for your help.

Richard
                              Here's most of it.
                              28.2.44 Abwehr fliegerangriff in Boulogne - Defense during air attack
                              20.3.44 S Boot u. Jabomgr. vor Graunlinns(?) - not sure what the "Jabo..." abbreviation is..
                              24.3.44 Fernkampfbeschuss D…strasse - long distance engagement in the area of ...
                              31.3.44 S. Bootsgefecht Sommebucht - S boot battle in the entry to the Somme (river)
                              29.5.44 Jabomgr. u. Minentreffer v. Le Havre -
                              14.6.44 Bombenangriff auf Le Havre

best
                              Hank

p.s. - And quit calling me Gerdan! Or should we retitle this thread "Gerdan translates for people"?
                              Last edited by Hank Cummings; 01-05-2011, 12:19 AM. Reason: more info
                              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

# 2022

In collaboration with Hank I (I call me Gerdan !) want to add some information:

20.3.44 ......Jaboangr.(iff) ("Jabao" is an abbreviation for Jagd - Bomber - fighter bomber)

and the name is Gravelines a town in France.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravelines

22.3.44 ....Fernkampfbeschuß Doverstraße... - Dover Strait

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait_of_Dover

29.5.4 ....Joboangr......

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X