Post your German panzer, STuG photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello John
    the tank in your photo looks more like a Panzer 38(t).

Comment

Panther ?

Hi Mario,

Why do you say that? I mean what leads you to think it's a 38t and not a Panther?

John

Comment

I concur that it is not a Panther. At first it looks like it is by the appearnce of the angled hull. But look closer and it is a tool box and not part of the hull. I think for me where the 38t come into place is the view of the road wheels as well as the size of the AFV in relation to the soldiers. I would think a Panther would be much larger.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike
        Originally posted by MarioL View Post
        Hello John
        the tank in your photo looks more like a Panzer 38(t).

Comment

Not to mention the very visible rivets on the turret- definitely a Pz 38(t), most likely in Russia, since the big toolboxes were usually not in evidence in France.

Cheers,

JM

Comment

Panzer 38t

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the clarification. I guess the angled appearance of the hull fooled the seller I got it from. ASny way to tell what unit it was from? The only number that I can make out is '4'.

Comment

Panzer column in Yugoslavia?

Hi,

I have two photos of this column with writing on the back of each photo. I believe it says the word Sofia on one of them. Isn't Sofia a city in Yugoslavia? I'm probably misreading it and would appreciate being corrected.
              Attached Files

Comment

Panzer column Yugoslavia?

Here's the back of photo number 1.
                Attached Files

Comment

Panzer column 2

Here's the second photo.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Panzer column?

Here's the back of photo 2. On closer inspection, these may be half tracks and not panzers. If they are and I've made a mistake in putting them in this thread, please forgive the error.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello

I would also read it as Sofia which is in Bulgaria. The rhomboid would be the typical unit insignia for the 2.Panzerdivision. Here a vehicle of a regimental staff.

\Christoph

Comment

Not halftracks,

they look like Pz II, with the biggest load of jerrycans I have ever seen on this vehicle in the second photo.

Cheers,

JM

Comment

Panzer column

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I knew that I was mistaken regarding the country. I had heard of Sofia, but wasn't sure what country it was in. Since these might be Pz II's, would these photos date from early in the war? When was the 2nd Panzer Division in Bulgaria?

Comment

Pz II

Hi Christoph,

Do you mean that one of the tanks is part of the regimental staff?

Comment

Bulgaria

The 2.Pz.Div. was in Bulgaria the first weeks of April 1941, just before the invasion of Yugoslavia.

Comment

Mike,

Here are some pics I just recently picked up and I would like to share them on your thread. #1
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by W Petz; 03-14-2008, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X