JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan,
    Pretty much my thoughts, but cannot be sure. Not Dodge-based, as a lot of movie "props" were, unless it has had a huge pile of mods. Most film stuff was just cosmetic, a balkenkreutz and a couple of jerrycans, but this one looks, if modded, to have a lot done. Open mind still,
    Kerry.
    ps Alan, I am from Wiltshire myself, but Salisbury.
    K

Comment

Hi Lads:

For the moment, I am on the same page as you two, a movie shill or a re-enactment vehicle cobbled together from bits and pieces.

It has the wrong mudguards, the wrong road wheels and not enough doors to be a typical German Light or Medium Passenger car.

I actually did spend an hour or so looking at what little I have on the later Arab/Israeli wars as it does resemble some vehicles used by Egypt, Syria and Jordan. But, they were all much larger vehicles such as the Syrian one I post here.

I will check imcdb.org files to see if I can come up with something.

Cheers
      Bill
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Bill Murray; 11-08-2012, 04:48 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Comment

Hi guys,

Do you know what vehicle this is? Maybe a "self construction" ? The pic was taken in africa by a german soldier.

thanks a lot for your help

Regards
        Nick

Comment

Fiat

Looks like a 102 AA gun on a Fiat 634
          http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/102/35_su_Fiat_634N

Comment

So fast - thank you very much Guillem Marti!

regards
            Nick

Comment

Safer`ground for me this time, a line-up of mixed transport. It looks like 2 Peugeot cars with headlamp conversions in the centre, but what are the others?
              Cheers,
              Kerry
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about the watermark overkilll, admin error!
                Is this overloaded, or collapsed, beauty a Delage of some sort, perhaps?
                Kerry
                Attached Files

Comment

Interesting rifle mount on the front fender.

Comment

Hi Lads:

Regarding the oddball vehicle, I have been playing around looking at stuff and then Sis5 (Bert) also sent me a photo to look at as he has a new 'puter and it isn't working right on this site yet.

Here are two examples of what the builders of the vehicle may have been trying to copy.

An Adler kfz12 that seems to be a prototype and a Bedford umbau.

Cheers
                    Bill
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bill, note that the Bedford Umbau is the Pakprotze version with the ammunition boxes on the back and gun crew seating in the same arrangement as the Krupp Boxer, rather than a troop carrier.
                      Last edited by Alanmccoubrey; 11-10-2012, 03:25 AM. Reason: Additional text

Comment

Hi Kerry:
                        Well, I have been staring at your latest group shot for several days now and finally decided I had just better pull the trigger even though I am not at all sure of my choices. The photo is a bit grainy and a lot of the details are pretty obscure.

That aside,

The kubel on the far left might be a Hanomag 4/23 PS.
                        Next looks like an Opel Kadett to me.
                        Then the two Peugeot vehicles seem right to me.
                        Last, I would guess a Mercedes 200 or 300 series.

I will not venture a guess on the four trucks other than to say that due to the trailer warning signs on the roof of all of them leads me to believe they are ex-civilian trucks.

Anyone else please feel free to jump in.

Cheers
                        Bill

Comment

Car

Hi Bill,

The Kübel on the left looks like an Adler 3Gd to me, with the Adler across the front grille. I agree with the Opel, either a Kadett or Olympia, maybe the Mercedes is a 320?

The trucks are too hard, but the one on the left reminds me of a Büssing-NAG 500, with the large square side mirrors, but this is a quick guess...

Cheers
                          Steve

Comment

Hi Steve/Kerry:

Yes, Adler 3gd is the better choice. In a hurry to post, I neglected to add that one as a possibility, I had it listed Hanomag/Adler and forgot to type in the Adler.

I was a little concerned as in the photo the car looks a little like the earlier
                            generation of kubels but the front wings match the Adler. Remember, the Hanomag also has a logo on the grille that resembles the
                            Adler eagle.

Cheers
                            Bill

Comment

Graham Paige?

A post-war confection it is then, thanks.
                              Now, this one says Graham Paige on the back, if it is, does anyone know the year and model? Also, were these rare in German use?
                              Thanks,
                              Kerry.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

The last car is a Graham "Blue Streak". They were made from 1932 to 1934 and all years look almost identical. However, the split front bumper seems to have appeared in 1933, so the car is either a 1933 or 1934 model.

It would be very rare in Europe as it was a very low production maker even in it's home country.

As this one is LHD, it is probably from the Low Countries area and this is supported by the "non-combat area" blackout equipment. White bumper and mudguard outlines and lack of Notek equipment.

Nice find!!!

Cheers
                                Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X