CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also this one - a bit strange magenta-ish color is due to the camera's fault (otherwise exceptional SIGMA DP1 sometimes red hue is interpreted incorrectly), should have taken another shot.
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I was wrong.

Regards

Bert
      Last edited by SIS 5; 05-12-2008, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Hi

Can someone please ID the tanker truck for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
        Larry
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Larry:

I am quite sure it is a British Bedford either a WTL 3 tonner or more likely a WS 2 tonner of about 1936.

When I can, I will post a photo.
          Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

Thanks very much. Is it a fuel or water tanker?

Cheers
            Larry

Comment

Hi Larry:

Not sure really. As there are no warning signs one could possibly eliminate a fuel/gasoline tanker. That would leave maybe water or oil as a load.

Too bad we cannot see the back end to see if it has pumps/hoses etc.

It looks to me to be a civvie vehicle, some sort of municipal truck.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill.

Comment

Since the tank has what looks like a vent on the covers (amongst other hardware), it is unlikely to be a watertanker, which usually have a simple cover with just some kind of locking mechanism.

Cheers,

jm

Comment

Thanks jm.

The two men standing in front are wearing the same shirts and caps with some sort of emblem on them. If this is not a military photo then it may be a company uniform. An English made truck but was the photo taken in England or somewhere else?

Cheers
                    Larry

Comment

Hi all:

JM's comments made me take a further look into the dark archives.

While I do not have a definitive answer, some more clues.

1. I have two fairly small picture books on the history of Bedford trucks and in viewing all the photos of the era, 1930's, I do not see one photo with a mirror on the left side when the vehicle is being used in the UK.

The uniform style looks British to me but that was a style also popular on the Continent. For what it is worth, Bedfords were marketed in all of the Scandinavian countries as well as the Low Countries so that may be a part of the answer.

2. JM's comments also led me to look at all the fuel truck photos I could find and he may be correct in that most of them of that era had similar vents/filling caps. Not exactly the same but similar. As well most had what look like assist handles or bars like Larry's photo.

Anyway, I post here a photo of another later Bedford, an ML, with a tanker body and on the next page one of the earlier WLT trucks as a cargo carrier.

Bill
                      Attached Files

Comment

The second, earlier vehicle.

Both photos from "The Kaleidoscope of Bedford & Vauxhall Military Vehicles" by me dear friend Bart Vanderveen.
                        Bill
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill, hi all,

Tim posted a pic of a truck on 20th of April this year. Now my question. Could it be an Austrian Fross-Büssing truck. I only have the information, that Fross-Büssing produced MAN-trucks in licence (MAN E 3000 and MAN F 5), but they also produced their own trucks. I´ve read about two types: II FB 5 and 4000.
                          Does anybody have some more information and maybe pics of Fross-Büssing trucks?

Regards

Bert

Comment

Anyone care to identify this truck? Photo taken September 1942.

Thanks!
                            Jason

- - -
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jason:

Your truck is an Opel Blitz 1 tonner. Bit of a rare bird as I think I remember only a bit over 5,000 were used by the German forces.

I am just off to a Doctor appointment but I will try to ID the trailer when I get back home.

Bill

Comment

Hi Jason:

Here is a "factory shot" of your Opel.
                                I am still looking for the proper ID of the trailer.
                                Bill
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 55 users online. 0 members and 55 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X