MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the quick reply Bill&Larry

Comment

Hi Bill

I am having difficulty IDing this truck.
      I looks similar to the Opel 2.5-ton but this one has a different door, front bumper and radiator logo.

Any ideas?

Cheers Larry
      Attached Files

Comment

Radiator logo.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Larry:

Looks to be a Hansa-Lloyd Borgward, possibly a 42-PS of the early-mid 1930 period. Again, I cannot post photos just now but will when it gets straightened out.
          Edit: More likely a 2 1/2 tonner "2.5T" of about 1938 and maybe just a Borgward, not the earlier Hansa-Lloyd type.
          Bill
          Last edited by Bill Murray; 09-04-2007, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Hi Bill,

Thanks very much for the information.

I think the truck is a Hansa-Lloyd Bremen IV series.

Here's a pic to compare.

Other pic from www.borgward.nl/docs-uk/hansa-lloyd.htm

Cheers,

Larry
            Attached Files

Comment

OK Larry, at least I put you on the proper track.
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Murray View Post
                OK Larry, at least I put you on the proper track.
                Bill
                Hi Bill You are correct. Should have said that in my last post. would have taken it a lot longer to find without your help. Cheers Larry

Comment

hi guys. i got a new collection of nice negatives and i thought maybe you chaps could idendity this car? also what are those strange lamps over the front lights?
                  Thanks. Ian

Comment

Hi Ian:

Your vehicle is a British MG, most likely an SA of the middle late 1930 period.

I wonder if your photo is from the Jersey Islands, as I have seen various MG, Jaguar and similar vehicles from there confiscated and allocated to the WM and WL.
                    Sorry, the things over the headlamps are a form of blackout lights allowing use of the headlamps at night with no reflection upwards and just a teeny little light ahead of the vehicle.
                    Bill

Comment

would the J on the license plate mean Jersey Islands ?
                      Ian

Comment

Makes sense to me but I have long ago removed the Jersey history site from my bookmarks as it never got updated for years. I will try to Google it later today.
                        Bill

Comment

thanks for your help Billl
                          Ian.
                          ps. if these are jersey troops, my collection of about 20 negatives will have to be looked at much more closely.

Comment

i had a quick google and found these, they are modern but possible the same or similiar system was used during the 40's.

Comment

This doesn't prove the theory completely, but here is a photo of a Jag that I know came from Jersey. The Jersey plate has been replaced by a WM plate but the odd headlamp covers look to be the same to me.
                              Bill
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here's a large six-wheeler for you guys to ID. Vertical slats on the hood and disk wheels look similar to those on a photo I have of a smaller French Bernard truck.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 136 users online. 0 members and 136 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X