MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SIS 5 View Post
    Hi Hundestaffel, hi Steve,

after comparing all visible parts of this vehicle I think it is not the artillery tractor of Morris-Commercial type C 8, but the very similar tractor Guy Quad Ant.

Regards

Bert
    I agree with the Guy identification. Not the easiest angle. The left-hand rear panel shows the early (BEF) type of 4th Infantry Division formation sign. They evacuated via De (La) Panne so the location is probably Belgium.

Comment

this photo has a note that this is an English tank. Any thoughts on what vehicle is this?

Comment

Originally posted by photo-war View Post
        this photo has a note that this is an English tank. Any thoughts on what vehicle is this?
        Bren Carrier

Comment

Hello Alexander,

Your Henschel typ 33 could also be a Magirus type 33 (license Henschel). Sadly, I cant't see which brand sign (star = Henschel; stylised Ulm Münster = Magirus) is cast into the upper water tank of the radiator. Please have a look at my site for further information and comparison photos.

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepa...nschel_33.html

Regards,

Holger.

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Holger_Erdmann View Post
            Hello Alexander,

Your Henschel typ 33 could also be a Magirus type 33 (license Henschel). Sadly, I cant't see which brand sign (star = Henschel; stylised Ulm Münster = Magirus) is cast into the upper water tank of the radiator. Please have a look at my site for further information and comparison photos.

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepa...nschel_33.html

Regards,

Holger.

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/index.html
            Hello Holger!

There is a close up of brand sigh from water tank but unfortunately even having scan in high resolution this is impossible to say is this a star or Münster. Thank you very much for the link to your web-site!

Comment

Hello Alexander,

After seing the new scann, I tend more towards the Magirus because the peak of the emblem reaches very high to the filler neck. Another point is the missing of any labels on the radiator segments. This was typical for Magirus. The last point are the rims. If these are of the early Simplex type, it must be a Henschel. If these are from the newer Simplex type it could also ba a Magirus. And your vehicle has the newer Siplex rims.

Regards,

Holger.

Comment

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can ID some of these vehicles. First up is a British Morris of some sort (I believe).

Jason

- - -
                Attached Files

Comment

Next...

- - -
                  Attached Files

Comment

One more...

- - -
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last one. Only the front end to work from this time.

Thanks for any help!

Jason

- - -
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jason, The Morris is a Morris 15cwt "Umbau Kfz 12" one of the many captured in Frnace 1940 which had the bodywork replaced with this type by the Germans. They also did this with the Bedford 15cwt and bith types were also converted to a Pakzug in a similar style to the Kruppe Boxer. Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alanmccoubrey View Post
                          Jason, The Morris is a Morris 15cwt "Umbau Kfz 12" one of the many captured in Frnace 1940 which had the bodywork replaced with this type by the Germans. They also did this with the Bedford 15cwt and bith types were also converted to a Pakzug in a similar style to the Kruppe Boxer. Alan
                          Thanks Alan, that's really helpful. I trawled the Internet looking at all types of Morris... and never found it, no doubt due because it's an Umbau variant.

Jason

Comment

Cars

Hi there,

I think the four cars are;

Morris Umbau as stated
                            Gaz M-1 (80% sure)
                            Mercedes-Benz 170V (99%)
                            Chevrolet 1937 model (100%)

Cheers
                            Steve

Comment

Hello! It appears to me that this car has Audi rings on radiator. Any thoughts on what model is this?

Thanks in advance for any help!
                              Last edited by photo-war; 08-22-2010, 03:31 PM. Reason: wrong image url

Comment

Car

Hi there,

Car is a Horch 830 R Kuebelwagen.

Horch was part of the 'Autounion' - a combining of four companies. The four companies were; Horch, Wanderer, DKW and naturally Audi. The four rings represent the four companies. Of course, only Audi survives today.

Cheers
                                Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X