Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely a Bernard. Looks to be civilian rather than military in origin.
    Bill

Comment

Here is a shot of a tank carrier version.
      Bill
      Attached Files

Comment

#557-560 = ? for TENO Use....?

#557-560 = ? TENO Use....?

The Door Markings look a lot like the TENO ... Technische Nothilfe.

The uniform also looks like a TENO Drillich Uniform...

Any Idea "IF" is was a TENO used Truck?

Txs, Dave/dblmed

Comment

Hi Dave:
          Maybe this will help, a slightly earlier version of the shield which looks exactly the same except the swastika is not squared in.
          Bill
          Attached Files

Comment

Txs on TENO ID.

Txs on on the TENO ID ........&

the Neat Photo of the Early TENO Guys! ................ Dave/dblmed

Comment

Can anyone help on this staff car??

I have posted it on a couple of other Forums without success.

I make it to be Italian as far as the vehicle is concerned and the body style is very similar to the well known "coloniale" cars mounted on several Italian car chassis.

This one, however seems to be mounted on a heavier chassis, it has a much stronger front bumper and the hood/bonnet louvres are much different than the normal cars. Closest I have come so far is it may be mounted on one of the larger car chassis such as a Fiat 2800 or something like that.

It may also be an "umbau" body done by either the Germans or the Italians.

Any help is appreciated.

Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

My vehicle has been identified on another Forum as a Fiat 2800.

I gather they were built in small series and had a number of detail differences from one batch to another. Some had the spare tyres mounted in the fenders, some had them mounted on the rear of the car.

There were also differences in the number and location of the storage boxes mounted on the side of the car and as well different styles of front bumpers.

Mystery solved.
                Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

very nice to meet You here in this forum I discovered only a few days ago. I think I can give the answer to the first pic You posted in this thread. It could be a French Renault TI 4 AB. Sorry, I have no pic, but I read about these Renault trucks with bodies in Vaudevilliers book.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Hi Bert:

Welcome!!

I agree it is a Renault but I have very poor source materiel on that make and do not know the type designation. I accept yours as you have some good knowledge of French vehicles.

Have a look through the thread, there are still many that have not been identified.
                    Cheers
                    Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

it´s me again. I´ve found that very interesting pic Wallonien posted 03 - 17 - 2007. You identified it as a FIAT 634. But I´m not quite sure, because I´ve found a commercial with a similar truck: Lancia 3 RO in a civilian version. What do You think about it? The link:

http://www.italie1935-45.com/RE/phot...ro/lancia1.jpg

Regards

Bert

Comment

Hi Bert:

I believe you are correct again.

Here is a photo from an old truck rallye in Italy of a civilian 634 which more or less shows how careful one must be when identifying some of these trucks. Notice how close the Fiat grille is to the civilian Lancia you show. But, different it is, and it is not a Fiat but a Lancia in my photo.

The military version of the 3ro by the way, had a quite different grille, very flat.
                        Bill
                        Attached Files

Comment

can someone please tell me the name of this vechicle and the number it was made in?
                          Wasnt this vechicle used for hitlers tranport in his visit to france 1940? Was it used also by wehrmacht staff?
                          Thanks in advance.
                          Ian

Comment

Hi Ian:

It would be my opinion that your photo shows a Czech Praga AV command car. A photo is attached here of the same vehicle.

I have no idea if Hitler used such a staff car as a parade car but I would suspect he would have preferred to use the very similar looking Mercedes G4.
                            Bill
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ian:
                              Here is a poor photo from www.autogallery.org.ru that shows the Mercedes parade vehicle G4.
                              Bill
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill, hi Larry, hi Hans,

back to a pic of a Krupp truck, posted by Larry 10 - 28 - 2005. I think I have found the correct definition: Krupp LD 3 H 62, a 3 ton - truck, the last new construction by Krupp before the beginnig of the war, first shown on the Automobilausstellung in Berlin 1939. So only a few trucks were produced.
                                Source: Bernd Regenberg: Das Lastwagen-Album Krupp; Karl-Heinz Hesse: Alle Lastwagen von Krupp.
                                I would like to insert two scanned pics of this truck, one civilian version and one military, but I´m not able, becauss I don´t know how to do. Maybe You can help me.

Thanks in advance

Bert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 61 users online. 0 members and 61 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X