MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bill,
    I wonder, since the photo is taken in Brest, if they seized the entire stock of the Packard importer either there or perhaps in Paris.
    I imagine you're right. These photos are part of the album to which 3 inspection tours (French atlantic coast, northern Germany, eastern Germany) of the Japanese Navy Commission in Germany are recorded, and I have noticed that the Packards are not used for inspections in Germany.

Here is a photo taken in Zoppot/Sopot (Danzig).
    Attached Files

Comment

Here are photos taken during visit of the Marineehrenmal in Laboe.
      Attached Files

Comment

"Abfahrt vom Ehrenmal"
        Attached Files

Comment

Truck with 2 cm flaK 38

Can you help me to identify the truck with the flak 2 cm mod 38 on the rear bed.

It is really a Mercedes-Benzi L5000?

Thanks

Attilio

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...=asc&start=360

Comment

What kind of truck is this?

Comment

I believe it is a Fiat 634. If I am correct, it is a fairly rare vehicle I think as you do not see many of them.
              Bill

Comment

Here's one of a vehicle park in Gent (Belgium). Perhaps the vehicles could help giving a date estimation to this photo?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tim:
                  Another great and unusual shot!!

I count 8 vehicles and from left to right this is what I can ID.

Unknown bus
                  Unknown bus but it is American origin as far as I can tell.
                  Unknown bus
                  Diamond T bus
                  British Austin 30 cwt lorry
                  I believe this to be a Steyr, a 220 probably
                  Unknow American car, possibly a Chrysler product
                  Buessing Nag and looks like a 4500 or more likely the predecessor the 500.
                  If so on the last, it could be 1940.
                  Almost forgot, you can also see the nose of a Bedford MW at the far right, also indicating 1940ish.
                  Bill

Comment

Thanks for sharing your great knowledge once again Bill. An interesting mix of German and captured vehicles.

Comment

Here is an unkown, at least to me, vehicle. I suspect it is French but have no confirmation on that.

Mike
                      Attached Files

Comment

Stabskompanie of the 2. Fallschirmjägerdivision in Mai 1943 moving to the south of France for formation.

regards, Hardy

Comment

Hi Mike/Naxos:
                          Mike, your little vehicle is a Steyr 250 Cross Country Personnel Carrier 4X2. Based on a light truck chassis, around 1200~ produced 1938/40.

Naxos, your first vehicle is a 1941 model Ford. Most likely a beute due to the split windscreen, not seen on German Fords. The other vehicle is a Renault AHS beute.
                          Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill! 1200 produced, well I am not surprised I haven't seen one yet.
                            Take care and hope all is going well for you and the family.

Mike

Comment

Bill, thank you so much

Hardy

Comment

I've heard of eagle-eyed experts who can identify a vehicle by only seeing a corner of its front bumper... I'm hoping someone here can do the same with this rear view of a truck. I've got a bunch of Feldpost letters that go together with this guy's photos, and in one of them, he states they captured a Russian truck (it only had 350km on the odometer) into which they mounted the company field-kitchen. I presume this photo shows the motorised kitchen. Can anyone ID this truck? Is it Russian/Lend Lease?

Thanks!
                                Jason Mark

- - -
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 104 users online. 0 members and 104 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X