MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Bill. Is this, like many Soviet made vehicles, based on a licence-built foreign product, or a completely "in house" product?
    All the best,
    Kerry.

Comment

Hi Kerry:

The basic truck was based on the International Harvester K-8 which was produced in the US from roughly 1940-1946. The tractor variant was based on the KR-11 model which was from the same time period.

It was from the mid to late 1950's before the Soviets seriously started to design entirely "Russian" vehicles. Prior to that the majority of their vehicles were derived from earlier US products.

Bill

Comment

Cheers Bill, very helpful.
        Kerry.

Comment

Hello

I can´t find the name of this tank.On the revers stands "greek scout vehicle" but I don´t think it is a greek one.
          Thanks and all the best,
          Kurzer

EDIT: sorry I think I had posted it in the wrong category?Sorry!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by kurzer; 10-16-2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Hi,

It looks like a French FT-17.

Cheers,
            Larry

Comment

Hi,
              Yougoslav Renault FT (Kegresse) or Reno-Kegres M-28 in yougoslav designation.

Comment

Yes Renault NC27 for sure could still be Greek they did but one so if it is that is one rare pic.

Looking again it is the NC2 model judging from the one return roller.

Comment

NC 3 is "NC model 1927".
                  NC3 is built just for export.

1 ex. Sweden
                  1 ex. Poland
                  23 ex. Japan

source: BLINDÉS & MATÉRIEL 100, April 2012

Greek don't have Renault Ft (Kégresse)

Royal Yougoslav Army
                  In 1930 , 21 ex. FT are delivered and forms the first armored unit in 1930 .
                  Second delivery 20 ex. FT in 1935 .
                  In 1936, 20 ex. FT and 20 ex. FT Renault ( Kegresse ) are acquired.

source: Dinko Predoevic: Armored Units and Vehicles in Croatia during WW2, part II

Comment

Well I looked it up in a number of other books/ sources "http://www.amazon.ca/Pictorial-History-Tanks-World-1915-45/dp/0853684979" and they state that on was bought by Greece and one was bought by Holland.

Now the RJA did use them but the turrets where cast not riveted I could not get a good pic on line of the RJA tanks if you happen to have a good close up of the turret it should solve the question

Comment

From a 2 Panzer Division photo lot which was taken in Greece in 1941.

Cheers,
                      Larry
                      Attached Files

Comment

Writing on reverse.
                        Attached Files

Comment

FT17 for sure

Comment

Ok I know this picture.
                            Destroyed Renault FT photographed on April 1941 in eastern Macedonia.
                            probably a vehicle of the company detached to the 3rd Army in Skoplje, which became part of the Sumadijska Division on April 6 near Stip.
                            source: Borna kola Jugoslovenske vojske : The Armoured Vehicles of the Yugoslav Army : 1918-1941 by Bojan B. Dimitrijevic

Majority of Yugoslav Renault FT were of the older type made during WWI with round cast turrets. A smaller number of tanks were of newer production with octogonal berliet turret.

During 7 April the company was engaged in fierce defensive combat with the germans. The unit was completely destroyed during combat after a whole day of fighting.
                            source: Armoured Units and Vehicles in Croatia During World War II Part 2 Axis Armoured Vehicles From April 1941 to September 1943 by Dinko Predoevic

Comment

thank you for your really good help guys!Cheeers

Here is a photo of the number from the tank and of rhe reverse.

All the best,
                              Kurzer
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by kurzer; 10-22-2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Maybe I found mistake.
                                Maybe in Greece but always yugoslav tanks.
                                "Part of the company with 4 tanks retreated toward Greece in composition of Bregalnička division with wish to continue fighting the Germans. These forces crossed Greek border on 8.th of april and continued toward Lerin (Florina )."
                                "The Greek sources speak of Yugoslav tanks crossing the border towards Florina, but these, according to Greek source, were turned back into Yugoslavia by their own officers."

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X