Attached Files

Comment

Panzermanner wearing berets
        Attached Files

Comment

Panzerjaeger relaxing with Kamerads
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are few more new pics out of a large grouping of photos I picked up last weekend which include several photo albums. Here is a portrait pic of a Panzer Regt 35 Soldier and wife
            Attached Files

Comment

Portrait of two Schmitt Brothers
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is Josef Schmitt
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is some kind of Hitler Youth ceremony or Memoriam..notice armbands are covered in black cloth?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Radio operator nachtjagdgern Uffz
                    Attached Files

Comment

StuG Soldiers on Train #1
                      Attached Files

Comment

StuG Soldiers on Train #2
                        Attached Files

Comment

Unknown RKT with his staff
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                            Here is some kind of Hitler Youth ceremony or Memoriam..notice armbands are covered in black cloth?
                            Bill, this is a picture of a German funeral. The floral wreaths with ribbons in the background are typically for German funerals. That´s also why they cover their armbands with a black cloth. I think on the left (behind the "P" of your name) one can see also the wooden handle of a shovel sticking in a heap of soil. After the coffin has been put into the grave, everybody is throwing with the little shovel some soil into the grave. It´s a kind of a last gesture to say good buy to the dead person and to tribute him respect. The guy in the front obviously is holding a speech. Also typically is the posture of the people with folded hands in front of the body.
                            Last edited by ivbaust; 11-17-2007, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I appreciate your detailed decription of what a German funeral is, Thank you. I still believe it still is part of a cermonial/Memoriam in that they are wearing the uniforms of the Hitler Youth and more than likely they are burying one of their members. The guy in the front is a Hitler Youth Leader and no doubt he is giving an inspiring speech at this funeral.

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
                              Bill, this is a picture of a German funeral. The floral wreaths with ribbons in the background are typically for German funerals. That´s also why they cover their armbands with a black cloth. I think on the left (behind the "P" of your name) one can see also the wooden handle of a shovel sticking in a heap of soil. After the coffin has been put into the grave, everybody is throwing with the little shovel some soil into the grave. It´s a kind of a last gesture to say good buy to the dead person and to tribute him respect. The guy in the front obviously is holding a speech. Also typically is the posture of the people with folded hands in front of the body.

Comment

Here is a small grouping of photos that I recently picked up. Unknown RKT on the Russian front #1
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X